Position Title: Senior Associate (Housing)
Minimum Salary: $95,000
Supervision Provided by: Senior Consultant
Work Hours: M-F; 9:00am to 5:00 pm. Full time
Location: Boston, MA or Remote
Equity and Inclusion Statement: TAC is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and
an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital
status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. Please visit TAC’s Racial Equity Statement to see TAC’s demonstrated commitment.
Position Description: The Senior Associate position manages and provides technical assistance,
consultation and training, and provides support and expertise to TAC clients. This specific position is with TAC’s housing team to provide technical assistance on U.S. Department of Veteran Affair’s (VA) homeless programs and U.S. Department of Housing and Development Continuum of Care and Emergency Solutions Grant programs. The ideal candidate possesses deep programmatic,
policy and systems-level knowledge and experience in these areas, and directly applies this knowledge and a Racial Equity and Social Justice lens in assessing and responding to clients’ needs as well as demonstrated expertise and knowledge of VA’s Homeless Programs. This position will primarily support a new technical assistance initiative supporting the VA’s Homeless Programs nationally.
- Applying a Racial Equity and Social Justice lens to every aspect of responsibilities to eliminate the persistent drivers of institutional racism and other forms of oppression for racially marginalized and historically disenfranchised populations
- Managing and providing direct technical assistance, consulting and training activities for TAC clients, which may include components of large complex projects and/or a series of small to
- Project management of client contracts, including contract compliance, coordination of team member activities, budget oversight, and completion of project reports and other deliverables
- Collaboration with other TAC staff and partners to provide comprehensive, client-focused services and the alignment of supportive services with affordable housing as applicable
- Business and contract development, including responding to requests for proposals as directed by senior management, and maintaining relationships with clients and partners
- Group facilitation with a range of stakeholders including people with lived experience, service and/or housing program managers, senior level government officials, etc.
- Developing comprehensive system assessments and strategic plans incorporating stakeholder input, data and research, and best practice recommendations to support the adoption of evidence-based and innovative strategies and programs
- Independent presentation development and public speaking in communities, conferences and other forums/venues
- Development of TAC Blog posts, contributions to TAC newsletters and other marketing materials, and peer review of drafted reports and written tools
- Preparation of policy briefs and other written products as directed by senior management
- Provide relevant subject matter expertise to clients and other stakeholders on issues and innovative strategies related to policy, programs, systems-level issues, and funding
Qualifications - General
- Sensitivity to the issues and challenges confronting people with disabilities and people experiencing homelessness
- Demonstrated commitment to racial, social and economic justice
- Ten plus years of previous consulting, technical assistance, government, direct services or advocacy, and/or managed care experience preferred
- Project management experience: work plan development and monitoring; managing project budgets and tracking expenditures; team communications planning and facilitation; contract management; managing relationships with funders and subcontractors/consultants
- Team management skills: delegation of project work to colleagues; development and supervision of project teams; creation of team communications systems; leadership of processes for group decision making
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Self-directed, organized, team manager sensitive to deadlines and timelines
- Communication skills, including strong writing and public speaking
- Ability to understand, communicate and effectively interact with people across various cultures
- Time management skills to carry out multiple parallel projects at once as well as meet TAC administrative requirements.
- Understanding of the racial disparities of systems of care and impact on communities
- Knowledge of existing data collection tools used by systems of care; experience collecting, managing, and analyzing data
- Bachelor’s degree in a field related to the type of consultation to be provided (social work, psychology, public health, urban planning, or related health profession) required; advanced degree strongly preferred.
- Flexibility and ability to travel extensively within the U.S.
Deep program knowledge of VA’s homeless programs including Housing and Urban Development/Veterans Affairs Supportive Housing Program (HUD/VASH), Supportive Services for Veteran Families, Grant and Per Diem Program, and Veterans Justice Outreach Program.
- Strong experience working with/for Continuums of Care on planning and programming including coordinated entry, governance, strategic planning, and system mapping.
- Program knowledge of HUD’s homeless assistance programs including the Continuum of Care Program, Youth Homelessness Demonstration Program, and Emergency Solutions Grant Program.
- Proven community planning experience related to new program initiatives including USICH Criteria and Benchmarks for Ending Homelessness among Veterans, Housing First, rapid re-housing, homelessness prevention, and diversion.
- Understanding of creative strategies to address the housing and service needs of specific subpopulations of people experiencing homelessness, including young adults and veterans.
- Disaster recovery planning and implementation experience a plus.
- Experience with Homeless Management Information System (HMIS) a plus.
- 10+ years of combined experience in government, policy and/or provider roles in Continuum of Care planning, homeless systems management, and affordable housing programs. Lived experience may substitute for the degree and work experience.
Veterans, including those with lived expertise of homelessness strongly encouraged to apply