567 W. Lake Street
The Volunteer Coordinator and Database Administrator develops and implements a broad array of outreach, recruiting, and marketing strategies including effective use of social media and traditional media, as well as convening and participating in meetings with local coalitions and networks. Additionally, the Volunteer Coordinator and Database Administrator will provide timely and effective customer service to volunteers and must be able to work with multiple software platforms and CRMs to provide reports and analysis on volunteer data.
● Work with the Manager of Volunteer Engagement to develop and maintain productive relationships with organizations, educational institutions, professional associations, private and public enterprises, individuals and faith leaders that supply volunteer recruitment opportunities to all programs
● Develop and implement volunteer recruitment strategies with the Manager of Volunteer Engagement
● Deliver volunteer recruitment presentations and attend volunteer fairs, coalition meetings and other community events
● Develop and coordinate outreach and engagement strategies for returning volunteers, community partners, and other identified targets
● Develop outreach and marketing content and work with local partners to promote CEP programs and services, with a focus on volunteer opportunities
● Manage online recruitment through ad postings and advance social media presence by collecting appropriate content, capturing client and volunteer stories, establishing a narrative to fuel volunteer recruitment
· Participate in developing strategies for volunteer stewardship, management, retention and recognition that promote high levels of volunteer satisfaction. Implement those strategies
· Serve as primary staff to support volunteers needing assistance from the volunteer department phone line and email address and return volunteer emails and phone calls with highest level of customer service
· Run queries, provide analysis, produce dashboard reports, and other reports as requested by Manager and other departments
● Utilize Salesforce and volunteer management software to produce segmented emails and mass volunteer mailings such as the volunteer newsletter, volunteer surveys, and other volunteer communications
● Maintain Salesforce database to capture contacts, evaluate activities and monitor outreach and education efforts.
Benefits include paid time off for vacation days, sick days, and holidays. Health insurance and Simple IRA match are offered.
Level of Language Proficiency
Knowledge or Expertise:
● Proficiency with MS Office Suite and/or Google products and, ideally, experience with databases or CRM software
● Exceptional interpersonal skills
● Strong professional writing skills with ability to use different communication channels to motivate and engage others
● Experience and comfort with public speaking
● Self-starter with ability to work independently and in a team environment
● Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
● Creative problem-solver able to work effectively with peers inside/outside the organization; ability to troubleshoot
· Must be able to work occasional weekends and evenings when necessary, especially during tax season
● Ability to work positively and professionally with people of diverse backgrounds
● Knowledge of Chicago city and suburban communities and practical experience working in one or more communities
● Bilingual in Spanish a plus, but not required
● Bachelor’s Degree or commensurate experience required, plus a minimum of two years in community outreach, research and/or social services, working with an underserved population, public speaking, sales, or marketing experience
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please include a resume, cover letter, and writing sample.