475 Riverside Drive
Job Category: Program Specialist I
Position Title: Economic Opportunity Program Specialist
Reports To: Associate Director for Integration
Team: Immigration & Refugee Program + (IRP+)
Job Location: New York, NY
Status: X Non-Exempt o Exempt
X Bargaining Unit o Non-Bargaining Unit
Church World Service (CWS) is a not-for-profit organization working to eradicate hunger and poverty and to promote peace and justice around the world. CWS does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability or veteran status in employment or in the provision of services.
Please visit the link below to apply directly online to this position.
Please note that CWS does not accept resumes for positions that are not posted. All applicants are required to submit their resume using the on-line applicant tracking system.
CWS uses Applicant Stack for all communications, please be sure to check your e-mail frequently and please check your junk/spam folder. Due to the volume of applications that we receive, only those individuals shortlisted will be contacted.
The Economic Opportunity Specialist is responsible for promoting the delivery of high quality economic opportunity programming, most significantly the Office of Refugee Resettlement’s (ORR’s) Matching (MG) Program, across the CWS affiliate network. This position has responsibilities related to outcomes monitoring, data analysis, training, technical assistance and report writing.
- Maintain up-to-date subject matter expertise related to the MG Program and ensure other unit colleagues are informed as appropriate.
- Contribute to the development of the CWS MG proposal and other proposals related to economic opportunity.
- In coordination with the Associate Director for Integration, analyze funding guidelines to ensure agency compliance; as necessary, assist in the development or revision of CWS policies, standard operating procedures, and training materials to ensure high quality service provision by CWS affiliates.
- Make recommendations regarding distribution and management of MG slots across the CWS network to meet program goals.
- Support affiliates in planning and implementing the MG Program in their localities.
- Conduct desktop, on-site, and ongoing monitoring of affiliates and sub-offices for compliance with MG Program guidelines;
- Through regular review of qualitative and quantitative data, identify program trends, promising practices and areas for improvement and make recommendations for program development and enhancement.
- Develop and provide needs-based technical assistance and training; this may be provided through e-learning modules, webinars, in-person trainings, communities of practice, and one-on-one phone calls.
- Serve as primary point of contact on matters relating to refugee economic opportunity for headquarters and affiliate network staff.
- Liaise with other unit colleagues for the purpose of sharing relevant information regarding resettlement sites.
- Collaborate with CWS international livelihoods programs to leverage collective CWS expertise and maximize economic opportunities for CWS beneficiaries.
- As requested, represent CWS at conferences, meetings, committees and working groups with national Resettlement Agencies, federal partners and other stakeholders.
- Performs other related duties and projects as requested.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent education and work experience.
- Experience in a local resettlement affiliate or a national office of a resettlement agency necessary. Must have significant experience in working with large federal grants. Knowledge/experience with monitoring and evaluation techniques will be required. Must be able to travel to affiliate sites and be able to troubleshoot. Strong writing skills required.
- Other Skills:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with strong presentation and training skills. Must be computer literate, using word processing, spreadsheet and other related software.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Click on the link and create an account.