Full Time Contract
K-1, Third Floor,
Communications and Development Associate
Nazdeek is a legal capacity building organization committed to bringing access to justice closer to marginalized communities in India. Nazdeek’s mission is to advance social and economic rights, with a core focus on women, Dalits, and Adivasi communities. The position of Communications and Development Associate offers a unique opportunity to gain cutting-edge leadership and human rights experience in the growing field of legal empowerment.
Nazdeek believes that the law can be an effective tool in overcoming poverty and marginalization. Our programs seek to advance the rights to health, labor, food and housing through capacity building, community mobilization and access to judicial and non-judicial remedies. Nazdeek is currently engaged in two main projects, one concerning labor and health rights of tea garden workers in Assam (North East India), and a second aimed at strengthening housing and health rights of slum dwellers in Delhi.
Nazdeek is seeking a Communications and Development Associate to join our team in Delhi, India.
Responsibilities for this role will include:
- Developing and implementing a communication strategy for Nazdeek
- Develop (or supervise the development of) creative communication and multimedia content, relying on Nazdeek’s past experience in using multimedia to strengthen advocacy and campaigns
- Drafting and preparing communication materials including web content, newsletters, blogs, articles etc.
- Managing and maintain Nazdeek’s website and social media platforms, including (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram), etc. Managing and writing content for Google AdWords
- Developing external relations with media outlets and journalists, and other partners, to amplify and disseminate Nazdeek’s work
- Together with Nazdeek’s Director, help develop a fundraising strategy for the next two years
- Researching funding opportunities for our current and prospective programs
- Coordinating with staff and partners, draft proposals and funders’ reports
- Coordinate and lead the year-end fundraising campaign that Nazdeek undertakes annually
- Other development responsibilities that may arise
Compensation and other Benefits:
Salary: Commensurate with experience and in line with average non-profit sector in India. Nazdeek is a small organization however, we strive to provide our staff with the support and flexibility they may need. The position allows for great career development opportunities, including travel and networking opportunities at national and international levels.
Duration: 3 months probation with a 1 year contract, with possibility of extension. Hours: 40 – 44 hours per week
Location: Jangpura, New Delhi, India
Starting date: mid-May (flexible, and can be arranged to suit the right candidate)
Level of Language Proficiency
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum of two-three years’ experience in communications and/or development/fundraising
- Experience working in the human rights or development sectors, preferably with small NGOs
- Language specifications: Excellent English writing and editing skills are a must; Fluency in Hindi is preferred; Having working knowledge of Bengali, Assamese or Saadari is an advantage
- Experience with photography and video is preferred
- Experience with basic graphic design is preferred
- A commitment to human rights and social justice is essential
- Candidates must hold a valid work permit/visa for India. Nazdeek is unable to support candidates in obtaining work or volunteer visas
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should send a resume, cover letter, and writing sample and/or sample of multimedia materials previously developed, to firstname.lastname@example.org. The application will be considered incomplete if it does not include a cover letter and writing sample. Please mention “Communications and Development Application” in the subject line of your email.
Nazdeek is an equal employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, nationality, age, religious belief or non-belief, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, marital status, domestic circumstances, HIV status, disability or any other protected category.