140 Commonwealth Avenue
Lynch School of Education
Growing and dynamic organization seeks an experienced communications professional to capitalize on and create opportunities for media coverage and effective communications to diverse audiences. Housed at Boston College within the Center for Optimized Student Support, the City Connects program (cityconnects.org) is an innovative approach to addressing the out-ofschool factors that can impact students’ achievement and thriving in schools. Currently implemented in 86 schools across four states, City Connects collaborates closely with districts, schools, and partnering community agencies to connect every student to a tailored set of supports and enrichments in the school and community. In addition to designing and executing communications for City Connects, the Communications Manager will support the broader communications and marketing needs of the Center for Optimized Student Support (https://www.bc.edu/bc-web/schools/lsoe/sites/coss.html)—for example, sharing research and practice learnings with wider audiences.
City Connects is seeking a full-time Communications Manager with responsibility in the following areas:
Knowledge, skills and qualifications
· Bachelor’s degree;
· Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in public relations, marketing or a related field;
· Excellent writing skills;
· Project management experience;
· Experience related to K-12 education, education policy, and/or academic setting;
· Strong organizational skills and demonstrated success meeting deadlines with high quality results;
· Desire to work in a mission-driven and nonprofit environment;
· Ability to regularly evaluate workload and prioritize projects;
· Ability to direct and manage multiple projects at the same time, and to communicate with a diverse group of stakeholders;
· Experience working collaboratively with public sector partners, researchers and funders.
Preferred: Master’s degree in communications, writing, marketing, advertising, or a related field; graphic design experience including proficiency with InDesign, Adobe Suite, Powerpoint, social media tools and listening tools, web analytics, and search engine optimization (SEO); and experience managing vendors. City Connects is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants should send a cover letter, resume, and contact information to Melissa Ayala, Administrative Officer for City Connects, at email@example.com.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Applicants should send a cover letter, resume, and contact information to Melissa Ayala, Administrative Officer for City Connects, at firstname.lastname@example.org.