Position: Operations Associate
Location: Bangkok, Thailand
Contract: 1 year, renewable
Start Date: TBD
Compensation: Competitive with benefits
Fortify Rights works to ensure human rights for all. We investigate human rights abuses, engage stakeholders, and strengthen initiatives led by human rights defenders, affected communities, and civil society. We believe in the influence of evidence-based research, the power of strategic truth telling, and the importance of working in close collaboration with individuals, communities, and movements pushing for change. Fortify Rights is an independent, nonprofit organization based in Southeast Asia and registered in the United States and Switzerland.
The Operations Associate provides strategic support throughout the Fortify Rights team. S/he is responsible for maximizing the impact and efficiency of Fortify Rights’ activities and operations. The Operations Associate is responsible for providing administrative and other support to the Fortify Rights team, assisting with the monitoring and tracking of organizational activities and impacts, maintaining and providing oversight to organizational assets, supporting the financial tracking and reporting process, and participating in the coordination of the work of the team. The Operations Associate reports directly to the Executive Director and works closely with members of the Fortify Rights’ country-based teams of Human Rights Specialists and the Bangkok-based operations team.
- Provide day-to-day support to Fortify Rights’ Executive Directors and Specialists, such as scheduling meetings, making travel arrangements, preparing and taking minutes at meetings, creating and maintaining filing systems, and responding to requests for information.
- Assist with the organization and coordination of logistics for special events, such as press conferences, report launches, team meetings, team retreats, workshops and trainings, and other activities.
- Contribute input into the development of organizational policies and systems of operation with a view towards maximizing the efficiency and effectiveness of Fortify Rights’ work.
- As requested, provide support to the Partnerships Manager in identifying and securing new funding sources, maintaining existing funding sources, preparing reports on activities, and facilitating positive donor relations.
- Assist in facilitating payroll, money-transfer requests, and reimbursement claims to ensure all payments are provided on a timely and accurate basis. Assist with maintaining financial tracking processes.
- Serve as a point of contact for internal and external communications and appropriately process and/or respond to incoming inquiries.
- Provide recruitment and orientation support for new staff, fellows, consultants, and interns.
- Assist with maintaining financial tracking processes.
- Work closely in collaboration with the Fortify Rights team to constructively build the organization, support its expansion, and ensure its sustainability.
- Carry out other duties as requested.
- A degree in relevant fields
- Excellent writing, organizational, and time management skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team. Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, cross-cultural communication, and experience in a multi-ethnic team.
- Strong interest, commitment, and general understanding of human rights and humanitarian issues within the Asia-Pacific region.
- Sound judgment, ability to take initiative and provide constructive feedback, and strong problem-solving skills.
- Willingness to travel within Southeast Asia. This may include travel to remote and potentially insecure areas.
- Fluency in English required. Additional language skills preferred, particularly Thai language. Strong computer skills (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint).
- To be discussed with short-listed candidates.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- Fortify Rights seeks exceptional applicants and offers a competitive compensation and benefits package.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
- Fortify Rights is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate in its hiring practices and, in order to build the strongest possible team, actively seeks a diverse pool of applicants.
Minimum Education Required