General Function: To provide direct services to child victims of domestic violence through counseling, advocacy and referral services.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
- Maintain the office and its supplies, furniture and fixtures.
- Assist with the children’s program: schedules, rules and policies.
- Work directly with the children, either in groups as scheduled or individually: oversee play, read, show videos, lead group activities, etc.
- Meet with each mother to complete an intake, discuss any problems, and assist with appropriate parenting techniques.
- Meet with each child to complete an intake, physical and social assessment, and safety plan.
- Observe all health and safety measures necessary for the children’s well-being.
- Inform the Children’s Program Manager and other staff of any problems or situations with the children which merit attention and participate in the resolution.
- Plan, implement and facilitate activities for the children to participate in, including playgroup.
Maintain order in the playroom.
· Include and encourage child/adult participation with individuals who work with the children in the playroom setting: volunteers, interns, Foster Grandmothers.
- Enforce the non-violence policy of the program among the children and between children and their parents. Report to the Children’s Program Manager incidents that require reporting to Child Protection.
- Be prepared to lift and carry small children.
- Be available for public speaking engagements when requested.
- Be involved in program advocacy and networking for social change.
- Assist parents with school enrollment, transfer records, prepare packets of
school supplies and provide school uniforms.
- Be willing to be on-call some evenings and weekends.
- Facilitate weekly evening support groups.
- Document program activities on a daily basis. Complete written narratives and reports for appropriate grants.
- Assist Children’s Director with parties, field trips, special events and outings.
- Document services provided to survivors and children in database.
- Document presentations, networking meetings, and media presentations in database.
- Be willing to fulfill any other duties as assigned by immediate supervisor or Executive Director.
- Follow all policies as outlined in the Policy & Procedure Manual, the Shelter Policy
Manual, DCFS Quality Assurance Standards, Code of Ethics, state and federal regulations.
Minimum Qualifications: Four year degree or 2 years experience in a related field
Medical and dental with a vision option after 60 days employment.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required