Leadership Greater Washington (LGW) is seeking a talented, organized and creative Events & Programs Manager to assist with implementing and managing strategy, design, and logistics of a myriad of LGW events and programs. The programs include the Signature, Rising Leaders, and Youth Leadership programs, and the events include program days, member programming, external partnership programming, board and committee meetings, and member events.
The Events & Programs Manager will also be responsible for serving as project manager for large-scale annual events including the Annual Meeting and the Celebration of Leadership gala. The Events & Programs Manager is a critical part of the LGW team, providing highly valued program and event leadership and support.
· Serve as program manager for all 3 leadership programs from start to finish by coordinating processes, deadlines, and project management milestones across team and partners
· Track and analyze program strategy, evaluation methods, and outcomes for all 3 leadership programs
· Lead the logistics and project management of all events, including monthly program days, meetings, and large-scale events
· Develop and maintain the budget for all events & programs
· Recruit and work with all vendors
· Coordinate content, program speakers, and agenda design for programs & events
· Track and analyze event metrics and suggest actions based on organizational goals & outcomes
· Help develop event promotional materials
· Assist with sponsor management and activation across programs & events
· 3+ years proven experience managing and executing programs and events, preferably for a nonprofit or member organization
· Experience planning and coordinating logistics for meetings and large-scale events including virtual
· Demonstration of program management experience
· Excellent project management, negotiation, customer service, and communication skills
· Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to think creatively
· Proven budget management skills
· Self-starter, naturally taking initiative and anticipating needs
· Ability to work independently and in a team environment
· Experience with managing Zoom Meetings & Webinars
About Leadership Greater Washington
Leadership Greater Washington, a 501C3, connects regional leaders and provides the structure to advance the greater Washington community. Through the execution of programs aimed at engaging with regional leaders at the forefront of change (senior-level leaders, emerging young professionals, and high school students who are actively involved in their community), LGW plays a vital role in bringing together bright minds with broad experience to explore and address critical issues by building non-partisan relationships that break down geographic, social and economic barriers.
In its 33-year history, Leadership Greater Washington has served 1,900 accomplished doers, brilliant thinkers, and abundant hearts across all three jurisdictions toward creating solutions that address critical challenges. No other leadership organization crosses and conquers geographic and geopolitical barriers as Leadership Greater Washington, which serves more than 17 city and county governments in the District of Columbia, Suburban Maryland and Northern Virginia. This gives way to cooperative work on a regional basis, fostering discussion, sparking problem-solving and motivating positive change to regional challenges, through Leadership Greater Washington's dynamic resources and programming efforts.
Why Join Leadership Greater Washington?
This role is a great opportunity to connect with some of the region’s top leaders and innovators. As an evolving organization, LGW is at the forefront of regional collaboration and timely conversations.
Leadership Greater Washington (LGW) is seeking a talented, organized and creative Events & Programs Manager to assist with implementing and managing strategy, design, and logistics of a myriad of LGW events and…
LGW offers a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package including paid time off, holidays, medical insurance, long-term disability, life insurance, and 403b retirement savings.
Leadership Greater Washington is an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages applicants with diverse identities, backgrounds, and life experiences to apply.
LGW offers a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package including paid time off, holidays, medical insurance, long-term disability, life insurance, and 403b retirement…