Details: 43,000 to 46,000 GBP per annum
Fixed term - one year
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Institutional Development, Europe, and working as part of an international team of fundraising professionals, the Development Manager, Europe will collaborate with senior program and finance staff to secure six- and seven-figure gifts from European funders, directly contributing to meeting annual team revenue goals for both government and corporate and foundation relations.
The Development Manager, Europe will manage a distinct donor portfolio, with a primary focus on institutional donors based in Europe inclusive of bilateral and multilateral government funders as well as private foundations and corporations, contribute to the advancement of donor strategy, proactively identify new funding sources to help ensure healthy financial pipeline growth for future years, and regularly represent the organization externally. He/she will also play a key role in drafting and editing high quality proposals and reports.
The position is instrumental in supporting the Rainforest Alliance in its work to continue implementing impact-driven programs in different parts of the world.
- Effectively manage a donor portfolio inclusive of foundation and corporate donors as well as bilateral and multilateral government donors by ensuring regular and efficient internal and external communications and advancing successful funding applications;
- Advance and strengthen the UK government funded portfolio of Rainforest Alliance, including through DEFRA Darwin Initiative, DFID UK Aid Connect and Forest Governance, Markets and Climate Programme, BEIS Programme- Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy across Africa, Asia and Latin America. Conduct regular meetings and briefings with the donors in London to increase and advance existing projects portfolio;
- Advance and strengthen UK charities and foundations portfolio of Rainforest Alliance, including through existing relationships and establishing the new partnerships;
- Work across the institution with units and departments in different geographic locations to lead the quality writing and editing of proposals, letters of inquiry, concept papers, and reports for institutional donors in line with the deadlines;
- Work closely with colleagues on the institutional relations team who are based in London, New York City, the Netherlands, and Jakarta to coordinate on larger fundraising strategies and ensure complementary actions;
- Work closely with the Senior Manager as well as Finance and Program staff to advance Rainforest Alliance fundraising strategies and meet the team’s revenue goals, contributing substantively to decision making processes;
- Proactively identify and assess new funding opportunities in coordination with the Senior Manager, making recommendations and actively pursuing the relevant opportunities;
- Carefully track budgetary projections for each donor in his/her portfolio within donor database;
- Represent Rainforest Alliance at both internal and external meetings/workshops/conferences/events; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Employer match pension from day one
- 24 days vacation plus public holidays
- 37.5 hours per week
Level of Language Proficiency
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s Degree a plus;
- 7 years’ experience with at least 3 years of previous program development or fundraising experience required;
- Donor relationship building experience with the UK government required;
- Must be a strong writer that is able to work under tight deadline and has successful proposal writing experience;
- Knowledge of environmental and community development issues, and institutional funding mechanisms required;
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills;
- Fluency in English required;
- Additional written and oral Spanish, French and/or German language proficiency preferred;
- High degree of organizational skills, including the ability to manage multiple priorities and work under tight deadlines;
- Experience in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, work environment – preferably within a global organization;
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, as well as be an effective team member;
- Ability to work carefully with budgets and financial reports;
- Strong skill with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) required;
- Experience with Salesforce preferred; and
- Willingness and ability to travel internationally up to 20% of time.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
How to apply?
Send CV, cover letter and salary history to email@example.com. Please use the following format in the subject line: first name and last name, job title of position you are applying for.
The Rainforest Alliance is an equal opportunity employer.