Details: $15 - $17/hr - 10 - 15 hours per week
31 Titus Mill Rd
The Stony Brook-Millstone Watershed Association seeks a Development Assistant to join our Development and Communications team. The Development Assistant will work with the Database Manager in handling the flow of donations, from appeal mailings through acknowledgement to the donor. Focus is primarily on letter generation and management of mailings, gift processing and acknowledgement, and maintenance of accurate records in the donor management software.
- Use Microsoft Word and Excel to produce letters and mailings, and assemble mailings with assistance from volunteers
- Assist with gift entry in Donor Perfect database, produce deposit reports and prepare bank deposits as well as processing of electronic and credit card gifts
- Ensure accurate and complete record-keeping in Donor Perfect database
- Process acknowledgement of gifts in a timely manner in collaboration with Development team
- Assist with data integration through other software such as CampDoc, BidPal, Doubleknot, and Constant Contact
- Work with Database Manager and Finance Office on reconciliation of funds
- Maintenance of files
- Communicate with donors as needed for clarification of donor intent and information
- Generate reports for Development and Finance purposes
- Assist with other department activities as requested
Excellent attention to detail; strong analytical ability; proficient in Microsoft Office Suite; organized and professional with the ability to work within a team as well as independently; accurate data entry and proofreading skills; comfortable working with and learning new technologies; excellent project management skills to take a process through to completion with minimal supervision; experience with CRM/donor management software preferred.
Disclaimer: This job description may be changed to include new responsibilities and tasks or change existing ones as management deems necessary.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
The application and interview process is rolling, therefore it is suggested to apply early since the position could be filled prior to the application deadline. Please submit a cover letter, resume and three professional references.