5121 Van Nuys Blvd, 3rd Fl
VEDC is seeking Consultants to provide expertise, coaching, training and to lead workshops to passionate and dynamic entrepreneurs and small business owners in the Greater Los Angeles area.
The consultants must be able to interact with, coach and teach clients of diverse backgrounds. Ability to speak multiple languages is a plus, in particular Spanish.
VEDC is seeking industry and subject matter experts on the following subjects:
· Creation of Business Plans
· Social Media
· Financial Analysis / Cash Flow Analysis
· Financial Projections
· Corporate Structure / Legal expertise
· Certification and Bidding for Government Contracts
· Human Resources
· Financial Literacy
· Credit Repair
· Professional industry (accountants, lawyers, etc.)
· Medical Industry (medical practices, dental practices, home-health care, ambulatory services, adult daycare, etc.)
If you are interested in applying to be a consultant VEDC selects consultants via a competitive bid process.
Please submit the following items:
· One page cover letter/proposal describing your interest, hourly rate, and which topic/industry areas in which you have expertise
· Resume, Bio or description of your background and expertise
· An example of your work (i.e. example workshop presentation)
VEDC’s mission is to create and sustain jobs and businesses in our communities by providing high-quality small business development services. VEDC offers free workshops, trainings, one-on-one technical assistance and access to capital to entrepreneurs and aspiring entrepreneurs in the Greater Los Angeles area. VEDC currently has technical assistance locations in Sherman Oaks, Pacoima, Reseda, Watts and Long Beach.
This is a contract position that pays $50.00 per hour to start. No benefits.
Level of Language Proficiency
English and Spanish
Minimum Education Required