Details: Salary commensurate with experience
630 Ninth Avenue
Spoons Across America,® the recipe for healthier children, is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to educating children, teachers, and families about the benefits of healthy eating. We work to influence the eating habits of children through hands-on education that celebrates the connection to local farmers and the important tradition of sharing meals around the family table.
Spoons Across America is currently seeking a Development Associate that will provide critical support for
fundraising activities, including event production; cause marketing; and the solicitation of large- and small-scale
donations from foundations, and corporate sponsors. The Development Associate will work directly with the
Executive Director. This is a full-time position.
- Research and cultivate new sources of corporate, foundation and individual support
- Write and submit letters of inquiry and proposals
- Maintain system for tracking all development correspondence, reporting and supporter records
- Maintain fundraising calendar and donation records
- Coordinate logistical details related to fundraising events including processing of pledges, tracking of contributions, and inputting data for tracking donations.
- Provide support to the Executive Director (this may include: mailings, venue logistics, invitation design, research of prospective donors, and sponsors).
- Schedule and organize activities such as board and committee meetings including sending meeting notices, ordering food, keeping track of respondents, and follow up.
- Maintain correspondence, document files including financial reports relating to fundraising campaigns, and donor database
- Interact with the board, donors, event honorees and attendees, membership and the public.
- General office duties include organize and prioritize e-mails, and incoming and outgoing mail, as well as other clerical duties.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- On occasion, may have to work overtime (some evenings) before and during special event campaigns
- Bachelor’s degree
- One to three years of experience with fundraising, and soliciting donations from individuals, foundations, and corporations
- Experience with special events
- Excellent communication skills, interpersonal skills, telephone skills, tact and diplomacy
- Dependable with well-developed organizational and time management skills, especially the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously; strong problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated commitment to high ethical standards, including strict adherence to confidentiality
- Ability to work effectively under pressure
- Strong attention to detail and follow-through
- A team player with the ability to work independently as a self-starter
- Ability to attend events, meetings and programs outside of standard working hours
- Computer skills: MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, MS PowerPoint with the ability to learn; Adobe DC, knowledge of Donor Perfect a plus
- Experience producing print and electronic communications; savvy in social media communications
- A willingness to perform administrative functions and provide support wherever needed
Generous paid time off, plus 10 paid office holidays.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Put "Development Associate" as the subject heading of the email.