Case Manager: Resident Service Coordinator- Adult, Homeless (F/T, M-F, $15-18/hr)
- Job posted by Project HOME
Details: Commensurate with experience
2415 North Broad Street
Residential Service Coordinator – 2415 N. Broad Street Residence
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The chief responsibility of the Residential Service Coordinator is to provide collaborative recovery planning and follow through with resident and supports utilizing the recovery model. These services also include keeping accurate records as well as working as an advocate for the resident in connection with a team.
- Along with the residents and other staff supports, design and implement recovery plans in the areas of recovery, health care, money management, education, and employment which encompass short and long-term goals, action plans, and means for evaluation and revision. Review and update recovery plan with each resident as required.
- Assist residents with coordination of benefits and resources.Support residents in filing for benefits or resolving any issues through DPW, SSA, and unemployment.
- Assist residents in job search process as needed.
- Assist residents in coordination of their team supports, including TCM teams, PRS, and employment services.
- Assist residents with medical and psychiatric referrals and communication as needed.
- Support resident through the completion of housing recertification process.
- Maintain case records and reports, as required in a timely and thorough manner as required. Utilize electronic record keeping system for all documentation.
- Meet as scheduled with the following people:
- Participate in monthly staff & resident meetings and special committees.
- Meet weekly in supervision with Program Manager and attend team meetings.
- Participate in trainings and continuing education opportunities.
- Facilitate weekly Wellness Self-Management group and monthly individual sessions with residents and participate in activities as needed.
- Utilize critical time intervention best practice.
- Complete all admission and discharge paperwork.Orient new residents to residential sites and neighborhood using orientation process.
- Work with residents to complete annual housing re-certifications.
- Alternate on call with other residential staff for emergencies
- Work with residents and supports through crises, assessing the situation and making needed plans/interventions.Become familiar with all emergency procedures.
- Assist in building community including:
- Receiving and responding to work tasks in a courteous and timely fashion.
- Meeting and greeting visitors, residents, other staff and co-workers in a professional and welcoming manner.
- Intentionally maintaining open dialogue and verbal/written communication.
- Striving to put others at ease and communicate in ways they can understand.
- Developing and maintaining smooth and cooperative working relationships with others.
- Experience working with adults with a serious mental illness, substance use disorders and/or homeless population.
- Good verbal and written communication, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Team experience.
- Computer literacy.
- BA/BS Degree or Associate's Degree with two years' related work experience or high school diploma/equivalency with four years' related work experience.
- Valid PA Driver’s License
Project HOME is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This position requires criminal background and drug screenings.
Project HOME offers a comprehensive benefit package, including paid time off (holiday, vacation, personal, sick time), health benefits (medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts), 401k with employer match, and sabbatical time off program.
Minimum Education Required