71 Oglethorpe St NW
District of Columbia
The Humane Rescue Alliance (HRA) is currently seeking to hire multiple Veterinary Technicians to join the Medical department at our Oglethorpe location. The primary role of Veterinary Technicians is to assist Veterinarians with all treatment and care of animal patients. The following are some of the duties and responsibilities for this position:
- Assist coordinating daily surgery, treatment schedules; perform pre-surgical duties, physical exams.
- Perform daily health evaluations, scheduled treatments.
- Educate clients on pre/post -surgical care.
The education and experience requirements are listed below:
- College degree or equivalent combination of education and experience. Certified Veterinarian Technician preferred.
- Minimum one year of progressively responsible experience as vet tech, Experience w/ shelter medicine preferred.
- Ability to pass basic vet tech skills assessment during interview process.
For the complete job description please visit HRA’s website at www.humanerescuealliance.org.
HRA is an EOE.
Minimum Education Required