Details: Salary reflects part-time status - 3 days/week
5635 Erie Street
Your leadership has meaning here! You can help create the ripples and expand the reach of the missions of the entities located on the Siena Campus. We are looking for an inspired and experienced Executive Director to lead our non-profit organization on a part-time basis (3-days/week.)
As the Executive Director, you will provide leadership and management to ensure that SOTL has the proper operational controls, administrative and reporting procedures, and people systems in place to ensure financial strength and operating efficiency. You will accomplish this through a respectful, constructive and collaborative style. You will report directly to the Board of Directors.
Qualified candidates will have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in business or related field or equivalent, relevant experience (Master’s Degree may be preferred),
- 5 years of experience in a formal senior leadership/management position including financial/budgeting responsibilities (5+ years of experience in ED/CEO role in a senior living community environment may be preferred),
- Valid driver’s license and vehicle insurance,
- Satisfactory background check and pre-employment physical including drug screen
1. Organizational Operations: Oversees and implements appropriate resources to ensure that the operations of the organization are appropriate.
- Responsible for the effective administration of the Facility, Grounds and Dietary operations.
- Responsible for the hiring, performance management and retention of competent, qualified staff.
- Directly Manage the Building, Maintenance and Grounds Manager and through that position manage the Maintenance and Housekeeping departmental staff, including training, evaluations, counseling and disciplinary actions and education.
- Directly manage Dietary Director (AL employee) and through that position manage the Dietary departmental staff, including training, evaluations, counseling and disciplinary actions and education.
- Ensure proper accounting and finance support from the CFO of the Sisters of St. Dominic (SSD).
- Ensure proper HR support for Maintenance, Housekeeping and Dietary; and IT support across campus as provided through the Business Office of the SSD.
- Assure that personnel follow established policies and procedures. May provide in-service sessions as relates to SOTL policies and procedures.
- Work collaboratively with the other entities on campus to ensure service functions (meals, housekeeping, maintenance and grounds, information technology) are of the quality and standards required by law and/or as agreed to and expected by the other entities on campus.
- Ensure that concerns are being addressed in a timely manner.
- Develop annual budget subject to approval by the SOTL Board of Directors
- Manage the corporate operations budget and capital needs with attention to responsibilities within agreements with other entities on campus.
- Work in collaboration with the SOTL Board and the Finance Department in negotiating reasonable and fair costs of services on an annual basis.
3. Organization Mission and Strategy:
- Establish, direct and review applicable policies and procedures that support the organization and that will facilitate neighborly-like relationships among all entities on campus.
- Serve as Corporate Compliance Officer. Review, revise and disseminate the SOTL Corporate Compliance Plan annually..
- Coordinate and lead regular meetings with all campus-wide managers at least monthly.
- Serve as SOTL representative on the Risk Management Committee and other Boards/Committees as may be required by the SOTL
- Interact with Village of Caledonia officials as needed.
4. Board Governance:
- Responsible for leading all aspects of the day to day operations of this service organization.
- Responsible for communicating effectively with the Board and providing, in a timely and accurate manner, all information necessary for the Board to function properly and to make informed decisions.
* Behavioral Expectations.
1. Demonstrates loyalty and pride in the facility, its associates and departments.
2. Respects and safeguards the confidentiality of information regarding residents/clients, team members and the facility.
3. As a leader within the organization, projects a professional and caring demeanor in interactions with residents/clients, family members, visitors and co-workers.
4. Takes responsibility for maintaining a clean, neat and orderly environment. Uses equipment, supplies and other materials with a focused effort to reduce waste.
5. Demonstrates an attitude of teamwork when interacting with other team members and other entities on the campus. As such, consistently demonstrates respect for self and for others in manner (body language, dress), word (spoken and written language) and action (behavior).
6. Takes ownership of job responsibilities by initiating prompt and appropriate action/follow-up to problems. Ensures appropriate resolution.
Exhibits resourcefulness and initiative in anticipating and meeting the needs of residents/clients, co-workers and subordinates in a pro-active manner. Encourages and empowers subordinates to perform in the same manner.
Promotes and supports change efforts through accurate and timely communication, flexibility and acceptance.
Ensures goals and objectives are aligned with the overall strategic plan of the organization.
7. Welcomes suggestions and new ideas as an opportunity to learn, grow and improve services.
8. Performs other duties as assigned by the Member or the SOTL Board of Directors.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send cover letter and resume:
via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR, or
via USPS to Siena on the Lake, Inc., 5635 Erie Street, Racine, WI 53402 Attn: Human Resources, or
drop off with receptionist at 5635 Erie Street, Racine, WI 53402