Part Time Contract
Details: Please submit salary requirements with cover letter & resume
45 Mechanic Street
The Education Foundation of Millburn-Short Hills (Foundation) seeks an Executive Director (ED) to further develop, implement, and monitor the progress of the Foundation’s fundraising strategies with an initial focus on major gifts in order to further expand the scope and capacity of the Foundation. The ED will be visible and experienced partner who will lead high-level strategic revenue generation with substantial time (20 to 25 hours weekly) devoted to the Foundation.
The ED is a leader who can plan and execute strategic direction while addressing daily coordination for expanding the Foundation’s fundraising efforts and supporting a professional working environment. This person oversees grant writing and reporting, marketing, events and direct mail, as well as the additional positions that may be created. The ED reports to the Chair of the Board of Trustees with input from the Co-Presidents of the 2020 Campaign Chair.
About the Foundation
The Education Foundation of Millburn-Short Hills was established in 1993 as a 501 (c) (3) non-profit organization. We are dedicated to enhancing continued educational excellence for Millburn Public Schools by providing financial support for innovative and progressive improvements that enrich the academic experience.
Currently, the NJ state legislature strictly caps annual school budget increases at 2%. However, the budget must still cover state and federal mandated programs, and increases in energy and insurance costs (which have been growing at a rate far exceeding 2%). The Board of Education struggles annually to make difficult budget choices: maintaining programs, balancing class sizes, and retaining excellent teachers. In this environment, it is very difficult to add new programs and upgrade classroom technology – that is where the Education Foundation steps in!
The Foundation, which is currently run entirely by dedicated volunteers, raises funds through generous private donors, membership dues, grants and fundraising events. Our collective vision is to enhance student learning and prepare our students with the tools and self-confidence to reach their dreams.
To learn more, please visit http://www.edfoundationmillburnshorthills.org/
The Foundation seeks to hire a part-time, very experienced development professional to lead high-dollar fundraising efforts.
The ED will be responsible for:
- Collaborating with volunteers to ensure initiatives are impactful, innovative, and successful.
· Responsible for Major Gifts Program -‐ with engaged volunteers, solicits individual and corporate prospects (Major Gifts) and other partnerships
· Develops, maintains, and supports a strong Board of Trustees; seeks and builds board involvement with strategic planning and fundraising
· Assists with execution of Annual Giving Campaign
· Responsible for Grant Writing -‐ submits grant requests and necessary grant reports to private foundations and state educational departments.
· Responsible for comprehensive donor cultivation plan, including end of year donor reception and acknowledgement plan
· Supervises donor and gift record keeping
· Serves as point person for future campaign planning and fundraising efforts
· Works with volunteers to create marketing plan that supports fundraising efforts
- Actively engages and energizes the Foundation’s trustees, volunteers, donors, alumnus, partnering organizations, the Millburn School District staff and administration and the community at large
- As revenue increases, builds a support staff team to assist with administrative and fundraising duties
- Fulfilling necessary administrative tasks as needed to head a lean Foundation.
· Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Nonprofit Development, Sales or Marketing
· Minimum of 8 years of professional fundraising experience
· Proven track record in senior level non-profit fundraising position including securing and cultivation of five- and six- figure individual gifts
· Familiarity with Planned Giving
· Demonstrated experience working in a hands-on, entrepreneurial environment with limited resources
· Preferably an understanding of the education system
· High energy level, persistence, and self-motivation
· Familiarity with electronic donor tracking systems
· Proficient in Word, Excel, Power Point
· Outstanding written and presentation skills
Please submit your letter of interest, salary requirement and resume to John Westfall-Kwong at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All inquiries and discussions will be considered strictly confidential.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit cover letter with salary requirements via email to the Search Committee along with resume.