Details: Salary is commensurate with experience.
523 West 6th Street
The Los Angeles Conservancy seeks an organized and dynamic individual to oversee the organization’s administration. This is a full-time, exempt position, reporting to the President and CEO.
The Administrative Manager ensures effective and professional day-to-day office operations and provides support to all departments in the areas of Finance, Human Resources, Operations, Information Technology, and Risk Management.
Founded in 1978, the Los Angeles Conservancy is a nonprofit organization providing historic preservation advocacy and education throughout Greater Los Angeles. With approximately 6,000 member households, the Conservancy has the largest membership of any local historic preservation organization in the U.S. The Conservancy has a staff of seventeen and a budget of almost $2.8 million.
We are looking for someone who, in addition to having the skills below, loves historic buildings and values the role of historic places in contributing to our communities.
· Manage day-to-day financial operations of the organization
· Coordinate all accounting functions and monthly closings between our part-time bookkeeper and external accountant
· Prepare and analyze all monthly, annual, and ad hoc financial reports
· Create, manage, and track organization-wide and project-specific budgets and ongoing budget forecasts
· Oversee online and on-site payments
· Working with external auditor, oversee annual audit of the organization’s financial statements and the preparation of annual tax returns
· Participate in and coordinate meetings of the organization’s Finance, Investment, and Audit Committees
· Manage the organization’s personnel responsibilities including hiring, new employee orientation, performance reviews, and staff exit procedures
· Manage payroll, health insurance benefits, and 401(k) plan with third-party service providers
· Supervise the tracking of all leave accruals and employee timesheet entries
· Manage relationships with the organization’s external accountant, auditor, payroll company, banks, investment firms, insurance brokers, and attorneys
· Supervise the organization’s Administrative Assistant and part-time bookkeeper
· Support the administration of the Board of Directors, including preparing board packets, updating the board manual, and arranging Board meetings and Board Committee meetings
· Provide administrative support to the President and CEO
· Serve as the point person for all office- and lease-related issues and policies
· Oversee the procurement of office equipment and supplies
· Work with the Communications department on data management
· Contribute to short- and long-term organizational planning and strategy
· Take on additional assignments/special projects as determined by organizational needs
Information Technology (IT)
· Work with the organization’s external IT consultant to coordinate information systems, IT platforms and applications, telecommunications, and business machines to support employees, streamline processes, and ensure data security
· Help staff with day-to-day troubleshooting
· Plan and implement software upgrades and hardware purchases
· Serve as the primary liaison to consultants addressing legal issues (e.g., employee issues, governing instruments, partnerships, vendor contracts, insurance, and licensing)
· Enforce the Conservancy’s safety policy and serve as the safety manager during most events and meetings
· Oversee and manage insurance policies to ensure adequacy of coverage, renewals, and financial considerations
· Strong proficiency in QuickBooks, Salesforce, and MS Office (particularly Excel) in a PC environment
· Deep understanding of how to effectively use data to support organizational operations, capacity, and efficiency
· High computer literacy
· Excellent interpersonal skills; friendly and energetic attitude
· Ability to work with all levels of the organization
· Excellent organizational, planning, and implementation skills
· Ability to manage competing priorities in a fast-paced office
· Ability to handle confidential information appropriately
· Determination to make the organization operate efficiently and effectively
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Ability to collaborate with a team as well as work independently
· Excellent customer service skills
· Must be deadline driven and able to multi-task efficiently and accurately
· Bachelor’s degree
· A minimum of 3 years of related work experience in or with nonprofit organization(s)
· Working knowledge of accounting and finance procedures; experience with budgeting, payroll, and 401(k) plan management
· Experience managing daily operations for a nonprofit organization or business
· Ability to work occasional evening and weekend meetings and events
Salary is commensurate with experience.
Excellent benefits including health, dental, and life insurance; 401(k) retirement plan with 5% match (after one year of continuous employment); paid holidays and vacation.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Email cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Administrative Manager Application” in the subject line.