Program Assistant for the New Leaders Initiative
- Job posted by Brower Youth Awards & New Leaders Initiative
The Program Associate position will support the successful operation of the New Leaders Initiative program, a cutting-edge approach to youth environmental leadership. The Program Coordinator will be working in close collaboration with the Program Director to execute local youth events and the national Brower Youth Awards (BYA). This part-time position will require 20 hours of work per week, with a flexibility as to which hours- based on the schedule of the new program associate. This position is ideal for a student who is looking for their first or second job and lives in the bay area.
Marketing & Fundraising/ Development
- Research, Prospect and Draft grant applications (no experience needed-training is provided by the Director)
- Assist in developing and implementing a marketing/ outreach plan for local events and BYA
- Solicit in-kind and financial contributions in support of Brower Youth Awards event and year-round programming
- Collaborate with the NLI Director to secure Vendor contracts for BYA 2017
- Track communication, emails to partner organizations and schools
Program and Event Coordination
- Support all NLI programs- which includes producing three local events a year, as well as fellowships, high school programs and the BYA ceremony.
- Maintain communication with all constituents and program participants
- Coordinate outreach, research, recruit, nominate and compile prospective and actual applicant data BYA application process.
- Assist in the Brower Youth Award application review process, recruitment, screening and selection cycles.
- Assist in recruiting, training and creating work plans for, and oversee interns and volunteers
- Research partnerships with youth and environmental organizations in the area
- Maintain organization of program documents on Google Drive and Earth Island server
- Maintain social media (FB, Instagram, Twitter accounts, as well as application portal.
- Maintain the NLI/ BYA website
- Implement a social media outline/plan/ press release for promoting BYA alumni –with Director
· Interested in non-profit program support, passionate about youth leadership, social and environmental change
· Excellent customer service: verbal, written and oral communication skills.
· Understanding of social media and website tools.
· Commitment to fostering positive culture of collabrative teamwork; strong self-starter.
· Competitive part-time non profit salary, $20 per hour.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send a resume (and a brief cover letter is optional) to Mona Shomali at email@example.com