Details: Competitive and commensurate with experience
CommonLit is a nonprofit edtech startup organization dedicated to closing the literacy gap for America's middle and high school students. We develop open educational resources, flexible curriculum materials, and integrated technology tools that we make freely available to all teachers and students at www.CommonLit.org to promote high-quality reading and writing instruction. We are looking for an experienced teacher with masterful curriculum development skills to fill a part-time contractor role on our curriculum team.
- Plan and write rigorous, TEKS-aligned curriculum and assessments for grades 6-10
- Work collaboratively to meet content development milestones
- Implement feedback to continuously improve the quality of curricular products
- Manage workflow and multiple priorities with creativity and a solutions-oriented mindset
- 4+ years of teaching, coaching, or relevant experience required;
- Bachelor's degree in English, history, or other humanities field required;
- In-depth knowledge of and experience with secondary ELA Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills Standards (TEKS) required;
- Strong writing, editing, and analytical skills required;
- Strong attention to detail required;
- Familiarity with trends and best practices in literacy instruction preferred.
- This will be a part-time, temporary contractor position
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send a resume, cover letter, and a sample of your work writing TEKS-aligned assessments to email@example.com with Texas ELA Curriculum Writer (Remote) in the subject line. Samples should be written by you, aligned to the TEKS, and include 3-5 multiple choice questions.