UNITE HERE Local 11 represents approximately 23,000 workers in the hospitality and multi-service industries throughout Los Angeles, Orange County, California and Phoenix, Arizona. They are housekeepers, bell men, food servers, cooks, dishwashers, bartenders and many other employees in the tourism and food service industries. Local 11 has a proud history of community involvement and a strong commitment to improving working conditions, wages, and benefits for all working men and women.
UNITE HERE Local 11's main office is located at 464 S Lucas Av, Suite 201, Los Angeles, CA 90017. Local 11 has four offices in California (Los Angeles, Garden Grove, Inglewood, and Long Beach) and one in Phoenix, Arizona.
Job Responsibilities (include but are not limited to the following):
- Complete multiple responsibilities on a daily basis
- Written and verbal communications with members, staff and employers
- Perform translation of written text from English to Spanish and vice versa
- Organize and schedule appointments/meetings
- Assistance with coordinating special events and projects
- Book travel arrangements
- Submit and reconcile expense reports
- Answering incoming telephone calls and retrieving daily messages
- Maintain filing system
- Order office supplies and research new deals and suppliers
- Generate necessary reports as required
- Other duties as assigned
The requirements listed below represent the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- 2-3 years experience in related field
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office: Excel, Word, Access, Publisher; Mac & PC
- Working knowledge of office equipment; e.g., printers, fax machines, and copiers
- Demonstrated excellent organizational skills and high capacity for attention to details.
- Typing at above the range of 60 and 70 wpm.
- Proficient data entry
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work
- Ability to work independently within the context of a plan
- Good interpersonal and communication skills; must work well with others
- Bilingual English/Spanish
- All applicants must have a resume with six months of recent office experience and a recent employment reference.
Core Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Problem Solving – Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner. Ability to exercise judgment to solve problems on a case by case situation. Positive, figure-it-out attitude.
- Technical Skills – Strive to continuously build knowledge and skills.
- Interpersonal Skills – Listen to others without interrupting; remain open to others’ ideas and try new things.
- Oral Communications – Listen and get clarification; respond well to questions; participate in meetings.
- Written Communication – Write clearly and informatively.
- Teamwork – Exhibit objectivity and openness to others’ views; contribute to building a positive team spirit; support everyone’s efforts to succeed.
- Ethics – Treat people with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; inspire the trust of others; work with integrity and ethically.
- Organizational Support – Follow policies and procedures; able to multi-task and meet shifting deadlines; support organization’s goals and values.
- Strategic Thinking – Understand organization’s strengths & weaknesses.
- Ability to anticipate needs and plan accordingly; coordinate complex activities; prioritize conflicting demands; and meet stringent deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Flexibility and creativity in addressing issues as necessary.
- Judgment – Ability to use good judgment on case by case situation; include appropriate people in decision-making process.
- Motivation – Enthusiastic self-starter with a demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team, with the ability to lead projects proactively. Demonstrate persistence and overcome obstacles.
- Planning/Organizing – Prioritize and plan work activities; use time efficiently.
- Professionalism – Approach others in a tactful manner; react well under pressure.
- Quality – Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness; apply feedback to improve performance
- Quantity – Complete work in timely manner; strive to increase productivity.
- Attendance/Punctuality – Consistently at work and on time.
- Dependability – Follow instructions; respond to management direction; take responsibility for own actions; keep commitments; complete tasks on time or notify appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Initiative – Volunteer readily; seek increased responsibilities; look for and take advantage of opportunities; ask for and offer help when needed.
Excellent benefits including family medical, paid time off and retirement.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit a resume and references, along with a cover letter, to Ely Ardon at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Administrative Assistant Application” in the subject line.
Please include your available start date in the cover letter. All eligible applicants will require testing in math, typing, and Excel. No phone calls, please.