Senior IT Security Specialist. Berlin. Posting Date: 07/02/2021. Deadline: 07/30/2021
Do you want to help make the world a better place with your knowledge of IT Security Infrastructure management and operations? We're seeking a Senior IT Security Specialist
based in Berlin, Germany
to help us protect our IT systems and data from cyberattacks and to maintain a proactive cyber defense posture by actively maintaining and deploying a cutting edge technology solution stack in the face of evolving cyber threats.
The Open Society Foundations work to build vibrant and inclusive democracies whose governments are accountable and open to the participation of all people. We are active in more than 120 countries, making us the world's largest private funder of independent groups working for justice, democratic governance, and human rights.
The Information Technology Department provides technology centered services and capability to engage the Open Society Foundations to achieve it's mission. As a/an Senior IT Security Specialist at Open Society you will:
What we are looking for:
- Administer, maintain, and periodically upgrade IT Security infrastructure with a focus on EU Regional offices
- Configure, install and administer firewalls, proxies and other network and endpoint security and related networking equipment.
- Maintain and operate Identity and Access Management (IAM) Systems, enforce security policies and controls based on direction from the CISO
- Operate and manage email security gateways and email authentication, message threat analysis, fraud prevention policies and controls
- Review and analyze security events and alerts (SIEM); identify security incidents and take corrective actions as well as function as a part of an Incident Response Team
- Monitor and support endpoint security threat detention technologies to identify and quarantine threats
- Plan, Implement, and deploy new security solutions and security policies
Desirable (but not required):
- 5-10 Years of Experience in Information Security or IT OPS management and systems administration with at least 3 years specific to IT security
- Degree in Computers, Technology, or related field
- Demonstrated technical skills and experience with Palo Alto Firewalls, URL filters and VPNs administration and troubleshooting with solid knowledge of firewall technologies such as NAT, VPN and IPSEC, RADIUS, TLS protocols
- Working experience with email security gateways, advanced mail routing and message authentication (such as SPF, DKIM, DMARC); Proofpoint email security stack knowledge preferred
- Advanced experience managing and supporting Identity and Access Management products, as well with expertise in authentication deployment and management of SSO and cloud provisioning systems. Working knowledge of OAUTH, SAML; Familiarity with Okta products a plus
- Excellent analytical, end to end troubleshooting, and networking skills. Working knowledge of network switching routing and Cisco products and routing protocols
- Commitment to continuous learning and growth in the areas of diversity, equity, inclusion, antiracism and social justice;
- Commitment to listening and working with humility; ways of working that are respectful to all people; and that support space and voice for all diverse perspectives in our workplace.
What we offer:
- Security certifications such as CISSP or specialty vendor product certification desirable
- Familiarity of endpoint security, EDR, and Application Whitelisting tools such as Carbon Black; Experience with rootkit, spyware, and malware removal a plus
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft desktop and server operating systems; familiarity with Mac environment a plus
- Understanding of Windows Active Directory and Group Policy based security and day-to-day administration of Windows firewalls; working knowledge of AzureAD
- Ample opportunities to learn and grow, from annual professional development allowances to onsite trainings and brown bag lunches with visiting experts.
- Top-notch benefits and perksdesigned for your well-being and a healthy work-life balance. With some variability according to location, this includes generous time off, flexible work arrangements, employer-paid health insurance, generous retirement savings plan, progressive paid parental leave, reproductive and family planning support, sabbatical opportunities, and much more .
- A commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace that enables everyone to bring their full self to work and make a positive impact on the world.
See what a day in the like of an Open Society colleague is like.
If this sounds like the position you have been looking for, please submit your cover letter and CV; we look forward to learning more about you.
Please note, this position is not eligible for work authorization sponsorship.
Competitive rates of pay apply.
We aim to build an inclusive workforce that is reflective of the populations we support, and actively seek applications from those who are marginalized and underrepresented. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants and colleagues with disabilities.