Details: Competitive salary commensurate with experience
Rocketship Public Schools is the leading national public school system for low-income elementary (K-5) students. In pioneering its transformative public charter school model, Rocketship has delivered exceptional academic results through a focus on individualizing instruction for all students, developing outstanding educators and school leaders, and empowering parents to advocate for their children and communities. Rocketship strives to eliminate the achievement gap in our lifetimes by partnering with cities, school districts, and communities across the US that share a similar sense of urgency.
The Recruiter is a critical part of the Talent Team at Rocketship. Our success as an organization is dependent on having excellent teachers in every classroom who are responsible for ensuring that all students achieve at or beyond grade level and each school is led by a team of visionary school leaders to achieve the school’s mission of eliminating the achievement gap. The Recruiter will be responsible for recruiting exceptional educators who align with Rocketship’s core characteristics and can serve as teachers and school leaders.
Program Management and Execution
· Manage full cycle recruiting, hiring, and placement of talented teachers and leaders
· Partner with hiring managers to identify recruitment needs and implement strategies to develop recruiting pipeline
· Foster alignment of recruitment messaging and outreach across Rocketship
· Identify and maintain partnerships with key recruitment pipeline organizations
· Maintain candidate records and track recruitment metrics (e.g., candidates yielded by each source, time to hire, etc.) to evaluate and improve hiring efficiency
· Plan and execute recruitment and selection events including, but not limited to Interview Days and Job Fairs
· Create sustainable and replicable hiring strategies, policies, processes and tools to support and facilitate the hiring of qualified candidates
· Develop and expand knowledge of the local educational landscape and top talent
· Provide input to development of applicant tracking system
Sourcing, Cultivation, and Screening
· Facilitate an exceptional recruitment experience for all candidates
· Utilize “outside the box” recruiting techniques to source candidates through the use of the internet, social media, and other online resources
· Screen candidates through resume reviews, phone interviews, demonstration lessons, perform reference checks
Knowledge & Skills
· Outstanding communication and relationship-building skills to inspire top educators to join Rocketship Public Schools
· Strong eye for talent in the education sector
· Knowledge of effective use of search engines, job sites, social networks, and other tools
· 2+ years of experience in K-12 education reform movement
· Previous experience in recruitment, selection, admissions, or other human capital work; full cycle recruitment and hiring preferred
· Deep commitment to Rocketship’s mission of eliminating the achievement gap
· Alignment with core characteristics required of every Rocketeer: pursuit of excellence, innovation, community, tenacity, and authenticity
· An entrepreneurial spirit and enthusiasm for joining a fast-growing team
· Willingness and ability to travel
Compensation: commensurate with experience
This position may be based the Rocketship home office in Redwood City, CA with regular travel to San Jose,CA.
Rocketship Public Schools provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Rocketship Public Schools complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Rocketship Public Schools expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Rocketship Public Schools' employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.
Minimum Education Required