Program Coordinator, SAMHSA Minority Fellowship Program
- Job posted by American Psychiatric Association
800 Maine Avenue Southwest
District of Columbia
This position provides support to daily operations of the SAMHSA-funded Minority Fellowship Program (MFP)which aims to increase workforce diversity and reduce mental health disparities. The position is funded 100% by SAMHSA. The incumbent will report directly to the Senior Program Manager,SAMHSA MFPP.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Under supervision of Senior Program Manager of MFP, will conduct programs associated with the SAMHSA-funded Minority Fellowship Program (MFP) grant. The incumbent will be responsible for:
- Internal and external MFP-related correspondences
- Organization of application and selection processes of MFP programs including, but not limited to, the SAMHSA-funded Minority Fellowship for psychiatry residents and four SAMHSA-funded Medical Student Grants (Annual Meeting Travel Grant, IPS Travel Grant, Summer Internship Grant, Addiction Externship Grant)
- Expense disbursements/reimbursements associated with the grant
- Coordination of MFP participant travel and accommodations to APA meetings
- Organization of MFP-related activities
- Travel arrangements of MFP Fellows and staff
- Coordination of monthly Fellowship conference calls, selection committee calls, mid- and end-of-year evaluations, etc.
- Development and maintenance of MFP participant rosters, listservs, and databases
- Organization of data and materials from MFP participants
- Gathering of material for All Fellows Newsletter
- Participation in weekly in DDHE staff meetings and MFP related meetings at APA
- Other duties as assigned
REQUIRED SKILLS, EXPERIENCE, AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 1-2 years of relevant experience
- Well-developed meeting planning skills
- Understanding of cultural sensitivity and interest in diversity and health equity
- Proficient writing skills, communication, organization, and prioritization skills
- Ability to work with a diverse team
- Excellent proficiency with MS Office applications and The Internet
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and meet parallel deadlines
- Normal demands associated with an office environment.
- Ability to work on computer for prolonged periods, communicate with individuals by telephone, e-mail and face to face.
- Some travel may be required.
Minimum Education Required