1617 John F. Kennedy Blvd.
Reporting to the President and CEO, the Office Manager ensures that the needs of the office, staff, and participants are met in a timely manner.
The Office Manager is responsible for organizing and coordinating office operations and procedures to ensure that the Welcoming Center functions as efficiently as possible. He or she will manage all issues affecting the daily operations of the office.
- Responsible for managing office services: ensures office operations and procedures are organized and implemented, supply requisitions are reviewed and approved, and outgoing orders of materials are purchased.
- Maintains an administrative filing system, prepares, responds to, and files correspondence on behalf of the Welcoming Center.
- Monitors and maintains office equipment including computers, copiers, fax, telephones; replenishes and monitors inventory and office supplies; manages office equipment, maintenance, and service contracts.
- Oversees telephone and mail communications both internally and externally.
- Represents the Welcoming Center with the office building management and communicates important information between staff and building management.
- Assists with reporting requirements to accreditation, licensing, and funding bodies.
- Assists President, Board, and other staff with miscellaneous projects as requested.
- Helps prepare documents for Board meetings and other meetings as requested.
- Identifies and responds to all requests that can be dealt with independently and confidentially without involving senior staff.
Human Resource Duties:
- Handles new hire orientation, including introduction to office procedures: assures requisite paperwork is completed, including securing office building ID and payroll enrollment, explains time-sheet procedure, transit checks procurement, and time-off requests.
- Responsible for executing 401(k) plan enrollment, bi-monthly contributions, and Form 5500 reporting requirements.
- Implements, manages, and maintains record keeping, confidential personnel files, and purchasing and inventory control systems.
- Responsible for developing and implementing office policies by setting up procedures and standards to guide the operation of the office; reminds staff of appropriate office procedures and behavoir when necessary.
- Keeps all performance reviews in a secure and confidential location and reminds supervisors of upcoming review deadlines.
- Coordinates and works with organization’s accountants and auditors to ensure all financial reports, including the annual audit, are prepared as prescribed and submitted by the dates required, keeping all financial information in a confidential and locked area.
- Makes bank deposits as well as maintains current signatures for bank accounts.
- Keeps track of and reviews credit card expenses, check signing, PayPal withdrawals, contract invoicing, and insurance audits.
- Strong administrative and organizational skills.
- Ability to serve as financial gatekeeper/monitor for all WCNP contracts (deadlines, invoices, reports).
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, work independently, and meet deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrated bookkeeping/accounting competence.
- Commitment to providing outstanding customer service.
- Models effective team behavior and maintains good interpersonal relationships.
- Independent, self-starter, able to secure and keep confidential information.
- Fluent in English with strong writing skills; excellent computer skills.
- Bachelors degree preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Exercises discretion when dealing with sensitive topics both internally and externally.
- 2-3 years of project management experience.
- Ability to work simultaneously on multiple fast-moving projects while identifying priorities.
- Demonstrated success in working across departments with staff at various levels.
- Adept at intercultural communication, particularly with the immigrant population.
- Knowledge of finances and grant reporting.
- Excellent IT skills.
Health benefits and 401(k) available.
Level of Language Proficiency
English fluency. Additional languages a plus.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
This is a full-time position. To apply, please send your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Office Manager.” We welcome applicants of all backgrounds and identities, including those of any age, race, ethnicity, religion, gender, ability, and sexual orientation.