This position is responsible for the delivery of financial education workshops and outreach events to diverse audiences on a variety of topics, not limited to credit, budgeting, retirement, homeownership, identity theft, and reverse mortgages in southeastern New Jersey, Wilmington, Delaware, and the Greater Philadelphia area. Key components of this position include supporting the organization’s mission through development of sustainable partnerships with community partners as well as promoting Clarifi’s education and counseling services to clients and nonprofit partners.
· Implement community-based financial education workshops and outreach activities consistent with Clarifi’s mission, strategic plan, and operation goals.
· Responsible for seminars, workshops, and presentations on a variety of financial literacy topics including budget, credit, and money management to diverse audiences located at private firms, public agencies, nonprofit companies, homeless shelters, public libraries, and other partner sites throughout the region.
· Develop partnerships and opportunities with agency partners to offer Clarifi’s suite of services. Support partner contract (re)negotiation as appropriate.
· Build strong community partnerships and identify areas where agencies can effectively partner to maximize resources and have a greater positive impact on the community.
· Create opportunities for growth in the number of educational presentations and attendance by expansion of presentations to existing markets.
· Remain proficient and constantly updated on agency and industry-related matters.
· Coordinate with communications and marketing team regarding marketing collateral and public relations activities as requested.
· Perform special projects and/or assignments as directed by management.
· Bachelor of Arts or Science degree or five years of equivalent related experience.
· Demonstrated emotional intelligence and cultural competency regarding connection to senior citizens, female head of households, survivors of intimate partner abuse, LGBTQ persons, people with disability, or other marginalized or vulnerable groups.
· Ability to facilitate discussion about challenging topics with people in both group and individual settings. Exceptional public speaking skills.
· Entrepreneurial spirit with courage to attempt new initiatives and ability to adjust quickly to changing circumstances or less than ideal outcomes.
· Computer literacy, including the ability to use the internet and e-mail, and proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite of programs required. Experience with survey tools, Salesforce™ and case/client management software a plus.
· Ability to work a flexible schedule & non-traditional hours including evenings and Saturday is required.
· Must be a licensed driver with full-time access to a reliable, properly registered and insured automobile and be able and willing to travel as necessary to meet the responsibilities of the position.
· Knowledge of the subjects of credit, debt, and money management; savings and investment options; and safe financial products and services is preferred.
Position is based in Clarifi’s main office located at 1608 Walnut Street and requires frequent travel in southeastern Pennsylvania, southern New Jersey and northern Delaware by automobile to partner workshops and events relating to all programs. Candidate must be a licensed driver with full time access to reliable, properly registered and insured car and be able and willing to travel to locations within agency’s service area.
Position requires incumbent to provide materials for events. These materials may, at times, be a considerable weight to transport (up to 25 lbs.). The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position has the flexibility to be partially virtual/home-based and must comply with Clarifi’s telecommunication policies as described in the agency’s personnel handbook. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send your resume and cover letter through our online application above.