$15/hr- Holistic Companion needed in Northern Suburbs-APPLY NOW!!
- Job posted by Renewal Care Foundation
Areas: Palatine, Lake Zurich, Buffalo Grove, and Barrington.
We provide home and companion care services to seniors, people with chronic health conditions, and their families. Our multidisciplinary professionals support our clients’ holistic well-being, providing services ranging from part-time companionship to round-the-clock home health care. This position is part-time.
Working directly with our clients in their homes, Care Partners support our clients’ holistic well-being. Because each client is unique, each case is different. Responsibilities may include:
- Providing companionship to seniors and people with chronic health conditions in their homes (e.g., discussing current events, creating artwork, reviewing photo albums)
- Planning activities outside the home and accompanying clients to keep clients engaged with the world (e.g., trips to museums, concerts, plays, or the park)
- Escorting clients to doctors’ appointments
- Providing counseling and mentorship to family stakeholders and other Care Partners
- Running errands for clients (e.g., grocery shopping, sundries)
- Reminding clients to take their medications
- Doing light exercise with clients (e.g., helping with stretching routine)
- Assisting clients with their correspondence and bills
- Assisting clients in preparing meals
- Performing light housekeeping, such as dusting, tidying, and laundry
Our diverse community of Care Partners includes people ranging from retired social workers and investment bankers to nursing students, aspiring actors, and certified home health aides. All share our passion for working toward a world in which everyone gets the care they need to live their lives to the fullest.
The program is selective. At the minimum, candidates must hold accredited high school diplomas, though we prefer candidates with college degrees or those currently attending colleges or graduate schools. Care Partners also must have high empathy and be patient, flexible, and reliable. Good composure under pressure and strong interpersonal skills are essential, along with the ability to build trust-based relationships with clients and their families. Although desirable, no prior experience caring for seniors or people with disabilities is required; we provide training along with ongoing mentorship and support.
We are proud to offer:
- Health Insurance
- 401K/retirement plan
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Employee Referral Program
- Commuter Benefits (Metro Card Program)
- Ongoing trainings lead by experts in the field of aging
Minimum Education Required