About the Position:
The ideal candidate possesses a passion for education, is knowledgeable about the charter movement, and has a background in operations in a fast-paced environment. Candidate is fully dedicated to the mission of Brooklyn Prospect, and committed to keeping the academic and personal success of our students as a core focus, while striving to grow professionally and support the operational excellence of the school. This position reports to our Director of School Operations.
Prospect Schools is a K-12 college preparatory community where excellent teachers prepare a diverse student body to have a positive impact on society and a lifelong passion for learning. Find more about who we are and what we believe by checking out our Prospector Principles.
Our Core Values are:
- Curiosity: Develop sound judgment and intellect by asking questions confidently and thinking critically
- Care: Support others by grounding every action in empathy while championing equity and inclusion in our work
- Persistence: Grow and learn by solving problems with determination, creativity and tenacity
- Passion: Succeed by approaching challenges with excitement, enthusiasm and self assurance
As an Operations Coordinator, your initiatives include:
Front & MS Office Reception
- Create and maintain an organized Main office environment, assuming ownership over the physical space and serving as primary point of contact for the campus.
- Ensure that visitors and callers are greeted and directed in a professional, courteous and welcoming manner and follow appropriate sign-in procedures.
- Answer the school’s main phone line, communicating messages and forwarding calls to appropriate staff.
- Follow school procedures to manage late student arrivals and early dismissal
- Manage all purchasing, procurement and professional development coordination or the middle school.
- Maintain comprehensive and organized purchasing files, including all required paperwork and receipts.
- Manage inventory for the Program Operations team, ensuring adequate supplies of all materials throughout the year.
- Communicating with different stakeholders to ensure requests are completed in a timely fashion.
Administrative & Operational Support
- Maintain organized school mailboxes and receive, sort and distribute all packages, mail and faxes.
- Maintain office equipment and materials, ensuring copiers and faculty spaces are stocked appropriately and in working order.
- Support all middle school events, catering and testing throughout the school year.
- Perform clerical duties such as photocopying, faxing, laminating, and filing.
- Support planning initiatives such as field trip and event planning.
- Leading various on and off-site events.
- Support family billing and student transportation.
- Additional student support as needed and provide general support of the BPCS mission in whatever way possible.
- A minimum of a bachelor's degree in a related field
- Experience with the IB Middle Years Program (MYP) and/or Diploma Program (DP) is a plus
- Exceptional communication skills with a courteous, professional persona.
- Highly organized, efficient, attentive to detail, and motivated.
- Ability to manage multiple responsibilities simultaneously, prioritize and manage time efficiently.
- Regular attendance and punctuality is a must.
- Experience in Microsoft Office in a Mac environment, especially Excel.
- Prior reception or administrative experience strongly preferred. Experience in an academic or educational setting preferred but not necessary.