Development & Communications Associate
Details: Salary commensurate with experience.
1762 Beacon Street
Boston Workmen’s Circle Center for Jewish Culture and Social Justice is:
- A community and spiritual home for secular Jewish life
- A voice for progressive Jewish values and social change
- An arts and education center celebrating Yiddish, Jewish, and progressive culture
As an organization rooted in the radical traditions of Yiddishkayt, mutual-aid, and workers’ rights, we are committed to resisting assimilation and centering the culture of diverse Jewish ancestors in our work for liberation and social justice.
The Development and Communications Associate will work with the Development & Communications Director to design and implement our fundraising and communications plans. Development work includes: supporting our major donor program, annual fundraising events, online campaigns, grants, and membership stewardship. Communications work includes: managing social media platforms, graphic design, and general brand promotion. We are excited to hire someone who is excellent at task-management, a person who gets things done, and someone who can collaborate with leadership staff on new ideas, directions, and venues for communications and development.
Key Responsibilities: Communications
- Co-create BWC’s social media strategies and regularly post content
- Designing flyers, digital graphics, and other marketing material for BWC programs
- Update the BWC website when needed
- Produce bi-weekly e-newsletter, including written and graphic content
- Draft, distribute and pitch press releases, media alerts and other stories
- Strengthen the BWC brand in the community
Key Responsibilities: Development
- Work with Development & Communications Director to implement annual fundraising plan, including major donors, fundraising events, annual appeal, membership drive, and more
- Support updating and managing our membership database (etapestry), produce reports as needed; collect and catalog background information on donor prospects
- Grant research and writing support
- Minimum of 2 years relevant experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills as well as organizational skills, including editing and proofreading
- Proficiency in Adobe InDesign and Photoshop highly desired. Knowledge of HTML and graphic design a plus
- CRM database experience, e-tapestry a plus
- Creative energy, self-starting; ability to manage multiple assignments in a busy non-profit setting
- Ability to work individually and as a member of a team; flexibility
- Special consideration will be given to candidates with demonstrated history of success in similar position.
- Commitment to the mission and values of Boston Workmen's Circle, including:
- Commitment to social, economic and racial justice
- Welcoming all people across race, religion, gender and sexual orientation
- Being a voice for peace and against the occupation in the Jewish community
- Standing against Islamophobia
Health and dental benefits, pro-rated. Friendly environment and flexible work hours.
Minimum Education Required