Boston Schools Fund (BSF), a not-for-profit organization, is seeking a part-time Administrative Assistant to support our operations and programs.
Boston Schools Fund was founded in 2015 as a pooled philanthropic fund with the belief that every child in Boston, regardless of factors like race, socioeconomic status, language or ability, deserves the opportunity to attend a high-quality school. For its first five years, BSF set an ambitious goal to add 7,000 new high-quality seats to the Boston education landscape--representing 10% of the school-aged population in Boston.
Our mission is to advance educational equity in Boston by providing opportunity and access to high-quality schools. We envision a Boston where every child, regardless of race, ability, income, or neighborhood, attends a high-quality school that meets their needs as learners and allows them to lead choice-filled lives.
The Position: The Administrative Assistant will report to the Director of Operations (DOO) and support functions across the organization to ensure that BSF operates at a high-level. This is an hourly position that will work an estimated at 10-20 hours per week, depending on the week.
- Support the DOO in monthly reconciliation of organizational finances
- Manage credit card transactions and employee reimbursements
- Submit and reconcile expense reports and credit card statements
- Maintain up-to-date bank statements, reimbursements, expense reports, and receipts
- Manage records of vendor and contractor invoices and tax forms for year-end reporting
- Prepare acknowledgment letters for donors and support donor tracking
- Prepare monthly payroll
- Maintain organizational calendar; organize and schedule meetings
- Coordinate employee on- and off-boarding
- Manage employee-used benefits and software systems, such as Expensify, MBTA Pass Portal, Microsoft Office Suite, Zoom, Slack, and Docusign.
- Maintain up-to-date employee PTO and personnel records
- Support internal and meeting preparation: calendar, photocopies, etc.
- Produce and distribute internal correspondence
- Provide logistical support for events and Board meetings
- Coordinate office procedures
- Assist in the preparation of regularly scheduled reports, such as board materials, or quarterly reports
- Support Boston School Finder webtool operations, such as user testing and site updates
- Place supply orders, verify receipt of supplies, and manage supply inventory
- Organize annual holiday gifts for 100+ stakeholders
- Carry out administrative duties such as organizing, typing, copying, binding, scanning etc.
- Document, develop and update administrative systems to make them more efficient
- Update weekly newsletter on website (Friday mornings)
- Research and creates presentations on operational systems and procedures
- Support internal data collection and entry
- Resolve administrative problems
- Ability to handle sensitive information in a confidential manner
- Proven administrative or assistant experience
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multitask and prioritize work
- Attention to detail and accuracy; strong problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Technological fluency: facility with Google Workspace and ability to navigate and learn new platforms quickly
- High school diploma or equivalent; college degree preferred
- High degree of professionalism in problem solving
- Teamwork mentality
This is an hourly position. Compensation will be commensurate with experience.