Passerelles numériques (PN), a non-profit organisation, is dedicated to enabling highly disadvantaged youths, through their abilities and their commitment, to access education and technical and vocational training, in the sector of Information Technology. We work to build strong employability which will allow them and their families to sustainably escape poverty, and contribute to the social and economic development of their countries.
Established in Cambodia, the Philippines and Vietnam, Passerelles numériques currently trains 341 students. PN employs around 100 people based in these three countries including a small team in France. Since 2005, 2 002 young talents completed with success their studies.
Passerelles numériques relies on the financial and skills sponsorship of several corporate partners such as Accenture and Econocom, la Societe Generale and also receives support from individual donors.
In Cambodia, Passerelles numériques started its mission in 2005, with a training centre based in Phnom-Penh. In 2007, the first class graduated with 20 students, and most of them had a job just after graduation. Today, PN Cambodia (PNC) trains 100 students and 1389 successfully completed their studies since 2005.
The mission’s objective is to assist the External Relations Manager and General Manager to better generate and coordinate partnership for fundraising. PN’s strategy is to fundraise more in the countries in which we operate. With this in mind, the team needs an intern to help organize and manage a partnership building process to quickly identify partnership opportunities with local corporates. The intern will also utilize online networks and consolidate the list of potential prospective partners in Cambodia to approach, as well as to use for long-term existing partners. S/he will also manage some projects in the center which link to the supports from partners (Example: Center’s Decoration project Phase 2 and 3, International Speak Dating Partnership, PNC Yard Renovation…).
The intern will be responsible for updating the database of sources to build partnership opportunities, add new prospects, results of meetings, to approach and coordinate partnership meetings. S/he will also work cooperatively with the Education team, Students Association, Alumni Association to implement some projects such as Center’s Decoration, PNC Yard Renovation, others as approved by the External Relations Manager and General Manager. Furthermore, s/he can help to follow up with partner companies, assist in planning of External relations events, creating fundraising leaflets, and help in the job placement process.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Study business administration or other equivalent degree
- Quality Research skills
- Interested in social work and motivated to work for a non-profit organization
- Interested in IT Education sector
- Interested in education of young people from an underprivileged background
- Good communication skills (ability to interact with local staff and foreigners, with students and especially with professionals from companies including high-level people)
- Able to take initiatives and to anticipate and handle critical situations
- Flexible, critical thinking skills, creative, and well-organized,
- Able to adapt to different environments and different cultures.
- Able to conduct research in English and write nearly fluently
- High level of Professionalism and Integrity
- Unpaid Internship
- Accommodation can be provided based on dormitory availability
- Bicycle & helmet can be provided for transportation
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter in English to: firstname.lastname@example.org