Details: Commensurate with experience
Seattle or Sacramento
Job Title: US Cities Lead
Reports to: Cities Manager/CEO
Location: Seattle, WA or Sacramento, CA
About citiesRISE citiesRISE is a new multi-stakeholder initiative formed as a response to the observation and understanding that, despite the existence of effective models, existing fragmented and small-scale efforts fail to address the rising tide of mental health problems globally. The mission of citiesRISE is to mobilize leadership, resources and practical action by scaling evidence-based approaches and promising models through a network of cities to achieve significant, measurable improvements in mental health, especially among young people within underserved populations, through proven methodologies of collective action and a network approach. citiesRISE was founded in 2016 and is positioning to dramatically deepen its impact through the expansion of current initiatives and the launch of new global programming to bring meaningful and sustainable progress to communities across the world. Currently there are five pilot cities participating in the program - Chennai, India; Nairobi, Kenya; Seattle, WA; Sacramento, CA and Bogota, Colombia. citiesRISE has established substantial partnerships to catalyze collective actions across sectors to fundamentally transform the story of mental health around the world. Learn more at cities-rise.org. Position Summary The US Cities Lead under the direction of the Cities Manager and with direct collaboration with the CEO, will coordinate city collective action work in the two US pilot cities of Seattle, WA and Sacramento, CA. The US Cities Lead will represent the organization and manage communication between city stakeholders and citiesRISE management, and coordinate project budgets, activities and deliverables at the local level. Key to this position will be an ability and drive to work autonomously and thrive and collaborate within an evolving social impact start-up environment. This position requires a high level of organization, attention to detail, analytical thinking and strong relationship development and management, political acumen, and motivation for working with extremely diverse stakeholders. The role will be key in establishing critical political, institutional and community relationships in the two US pilot cities. The work will include supporting the understanding and influence of policy and funding mechanisms on mental health at the local, state and federal levels in the US and supporting the orientation of a national policy approach for mental health. Position Responsibilities The US Cities Lead will play a crucial role overseeing the coordination of the city collective action process, stakeholder engagement and the design and implementation of the city specific action plan for mental health interventions at the local levels in Seattle and Sacramento. This role is ideal for a candidate who can work with diverse city stakeholders and foster and maintain partnerships that will enable the impact of the citiesRISE platform and theory of change.
• Identification, cultivation and maintenance of relationships with local actors and key stakeholders in the two US pilot cities. Ability to inspire and activate collaboration in the mental health field but also across different sectors, including non-traditional actors and community groups and leaders.
• Coordinating a collective action and impact process for both Seattle and Sacramento that will deliver local intervention and action plan(s) at the local level, while building and supporting the establishment of a global learning collaborative about impacting the field of mental health on a national and global scale.
• Liaise with City Leads both in the other pilot cities of Chennai, Nairobi and Bogota to ensure program development in Sacramento and Seattle is in sync with other citiesRISE city methodologies and impact.
• Support the development of a tracking and learning system in both cities, covering key activities, outcomes and deliverables as well as budget management and monitoring
• Deliverable management and creation for both city stakeholders and citiesRISE, including collaboration with other organization leads for Monitoring and Evaluation, Learning Collaborative and Accelerator leads.
• Supporting data, analytical and administrative needs of the city collective action stakeholder group and of the City Manager as needed.
• Serving as a facilitator of key stakeholders including the activation of youth leaders as primary stakeholders and leaders in the process.
• Supporting the City Manager in overseeing donor diligence, reporting, and evaluation efforts. Ensuring compliance with funding agreements, including the use of analytical tools and visuals.
• Travel between the two cities will be required on regular basis (up to 50%), as will periodic international travel to the other member cities.
citiesRISE is looking for a candidate who demonstrates a passion for working at the leading edge of a social impact organization. The candidate will have proven experience in mobilizing partnerships and can showcase successful implementation. This is a unique opportunity for someone who can shape the role and contribute to the success of the overall initiative, particularly in the US context.
Qualifications and experience include:
• 7+ years of professional experience, including a minimum of three years of demonstrated experience in working with local community organizations, including development and implementation of strategic plans and implementation of programs.
• Master’s degree in public health, public administration or other relevant field preferred. • Exceptional facilitation skills and experience working in advancing and applying complex frameworks across multisector stakeholder groups. • Pro-active collaboration with citiesRISE leadership, steering committee and funders to shape the program and be responsive to guidance and vision of the global program.
• Experience in one or more relevant fields such as global mental health, urban development, collective action, systems change, youth engagement, youth leadership, health system strengthening, technological innovation
. • Proven strategic thinker with experience coordinating multiple projects and delivering clear, sophisticated frameworks and work plans that can help advance a social-impact program.
• Strong ability to drive progress, execute on vision, promote innovation, and display leadership under in a dynamic organizational structure.
• Exceptional presentation, communication and organizational skills with the ability to deliver results.
• Exceptional relationship skills for a role that will be able to harness the support of young people, senior leaders along with a range of local stakeholders and partners.
• Ability to travel domestically and internationally
Compensation and Benefits This is an outstanding opportunity for a highly motivated professional to assume a pivotal role in the evolution of a fast-growing global initiative with the opportunity to have a meaningful impact in the field of mental health. Compensation and benefits will be competitive and commensurate with experience. citiesRISE provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Individuals from all backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
Minimum Education Required