Details: Salary is commensurate with experience.
4261 N. 5th Street
PA CareerLink seeks a candidate for the position Workforce Advisor to work full-time. The Workforce Advisor provide eligible customers with employment focused case management that leads to job placement and job retention.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide excellent, prompt, and staff-assisted customer service to customers referred to and served by the CareerLink program;
- Assess eligibility and suitability for services offered through the PA CL N;
- Complete eligibility determination and submit for review and approval to the Team Lead to ensure accuracy and suitability;
- Register eligible and suitable customers;
- Assist customer in understanding the full array of services offered; recommend, promote, and schedule customers for universal and specialized services; follow up with customers on regular basis to ensure customer participation in planned services;
- Assist the customer to complete the Employment Development Plan (EDP) and Job Finding Plan/Earned the Right to be Referred Checklist to help customer establish goals and steps to take the achieve the goals;
- Ensure that data and case notes are entered into CWDS and other systems timely;
- Participate in job planning and other customer-focused meetings and work with Instructors and Job Developers to implement job placement and retention plans;
- Notify Team Lead when customers are not participating and are unable to contact for follow-up by Cross Center Services provider;
- Contact customers after they are placed to check on job retention progress and re-engage customer with the Center if employment is lost;
- Assist customer in obtaining needed supportive services and assistance from other resources;
- Provide counseling and referral services as needed;
- Maintain customer file per contract requirements;
- Attend meetings as required; and
- Other tasks as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in a Human Services related field; or 5 years equivalent experience;
- Minimum of 2-3 years of experience working within an employment/training or human services environment, or related field.
- EARN/WIOA knowledge and experience helpful;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Sound knowledge of office computer software
- Sound knowledge of Philadelphia area and city agencies/system
For more information, check us out on the web at: www.esperanza.us
PA CareerLink offers a comprehensive employee health & wellness benefits program.
Level of Language Proficiency
Fully bilingual in both spoken and written English and Spanish is strongly preferred
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Interested candidates should email a resume along with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org and please indicate WORKFORCE ADVISOR in the subject line.