Summary: This position is responsible for donor relations and database management, supporting major gifts, annual fund, prospecting, fundraising events and communications efforts and provides general support within the Development Department. Reporting to the Chief Development Officer, the Director is responsible for supporting and managing the data and reporting needs of Habitat’s SKC’s Development Department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Work to ensure ongoing revenue growth with emphasis on donor-centric strategies, retaining and upgrading donors while working to build a robust prospect pipeline of new donors.
· Work closely with Chief Development Officer to develop a comprehensive donor relations plan and to build a plan focused on significantly increasing Habitat’s revenue.
· Participate in aspects of moves management cycle including identifying, qualifying and cultivating, soliciting and stewarding potential leadership and major gift donors.
· Cultivate individuals and businesses to establish and deepen donor relationships and help solicit contributions.
· Assist with securing individual and corporate sponsorships for the annual luncheon.
· Manage the recruitment of Table Captain’s including the solicitations and outreach.
· Creatively use events, leadership, speaking engagements and communications to increase the community’s awareness of Habitat.
· Design and manage the RD Department’s calendar of events, mailings and outreach.
· Use systems and software to qualify, track and cultivate donors and prospects, including donor database and wealth screening tools. Track and report progress using specific metrics.
· Coordinate and provide management of sub-contractors for agreed upon fund raising events.
· Serve as internal point of contact for event logistics.
· Assist with program development.
· Be the in-house expert on our database, providing training, support, and troubleshooting.
· Create queries and exports to build segmented reports and communications, donor recognition lists and high-level reports.
· Manage the integrity of the fundraising database, which includes verification of all data, analytics and related reporting. Manage all ongoing maintenance, including managing permissions and data hygiene activities to enhance and sustain data integrity and health.
· Develop policies, protocols and procedures and train all users of the system.
· Work with Raiser’s Edge customer support and attend User’s Group Conferences to best maximize effective use of the system including upgrades.
· Supervise volunteers and staff entering information into database
· Perform all imports and exports of data in order to support development, homeowner services and volunteer management.
· Identify flaws in the system and perform clean-up of data as necessary.
· Coordinate and communicate with Development, Finance, Stores and Homeowner Services to appropriately structure database.
· Oversee and manage the processing of all cash deposits, credit card transactions, in-kind and stock gifts.
· Manage the processing of all gift acknowledgements and receipts in accordance with IRS and Habitat for Humanity reporting requirements.
· Effectively track, receive and steward in-kind gifts.
· Maintain the relationship with the Cars for Homes, Habitat for Humanity Stores and Second Use Building Materials to ensure appropriate recognition of material donations.
· Coordinate with Finance team to ensure processes are optimized and compliant with best practices and regulations.
· Make sure solicitors are assigned and provide solicitor reports.
· Develop a prospect system to maintain and track prospective major donors.
· Oversee daily, monthly and year end reconciling with Finance Department.
· Provide Donor reports on a monthly and as needed basis.
· Provide fundraising summary reports monthly.
· Provide lists, labels, and profiles as needed.
· Develop and provide portfolio reports as needed by affiliate leadership.
· Provide administrative support to the Chief Development Officer and development team members and volunteers as assigned.
· Provide stewardship by ensuring accurate and appropriate communication with donors regarding pledges and giving history.
· Supervise development volunteers, AmeriCorps and other staff to help prepare various projects.
· Oversee annual fund campaigns such as end of year direct mail appeal, and others as assigned.
· Assist with budget preparation and projected revenue.
· Assist with strategic development plan as needed.
· Management retains the discretion to add or to change the duties of the position at any time.
· Other duties as assigned.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position supervises Resource Development and support volunteers
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Bachelor's degree required with preference in data management, computer science, accounting/financial management, or related field or equivalent experience.
Minimum of 1-3 years of experience in fundraising database management or similar sales (CRM system); experience using The Raiser's Edge software preferred.
Advanced computer skills, particularly with use of relational databases, especially Blackbaud products (CRM, Raiser's Edge) or other similar products.
Strong analytical skills, including expertise in the modeling and analysis of data.
Ability to manage and prioritize multiple deadlines with short turn-around times.
Proficiency in Microsoft Office products especially Excel and Word.
Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication skills with a keen attention to detail.
Ability to manage multiple projects with competing demands, while maintaining a commitment to excellence.
Ability to work cooperatively to achieve common goals; support cooperation; collaboration and the sharing of information.
Certificates/Licenses: Raiser’s Edge certifications (or similar database management). Valid driver’s license with a good driving record
Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from group of managers, customers, and the general public.
Math Skills: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, proportions, percentages. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability: Define problems, collect, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions; to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables. Distinguishes between relevant and irrelevant information to make logical decisions. Provides solutions to individuals and company problems. Ability to organize and prioritize tasks.
Proficiency with computer usage especially Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook. Experience
with Raiser’s Edge and knowledge of NXT.
Demands and Work Environment: The physical demands and work environment described below represent the activities and surroundings of the positions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate consisting of usual open-concept business office sounds including but not limited to people talking, computers, printers, telephones, and light foot traffic.
Summary: This position is responsible for donor relations and database management, supporting major gifts, annual fund, prospecting, fundraising events and communications efforts and provides general support within the Development…
Benefits package to include generous vacation/sick leave, 100% paid employee medical/dental/vision insurance, short/long term disability, life insurance, retirement account with matching.
Benefits package to include generous vacation/sick leave, 100% paid employee medical/dental/vision insurance, short/long term disability, life insurance, retirement account with…
Please submit a resume and cover letter.