Doula Case Manager /Parent Group Facilitator Ounce of Prevention
- Job posted by Catholic Charities of Chicago
1845 South 9th Avenue
1. Provides doula services which includes maintaining an educational and supportive relationship to pregnant teens, ensuring they receive emotional and physical support during pregnancy, child birth and post-partum period. Services begin in the seventh month of the clients’ pregnancy and continue through the delivery of the child and until two months post-partum.
2. Conducts client home visit, prenatal groups promoting health and fitness, and parenting group sessions.
3. Completes birth plans, baby narrative/story, mommy/baby questionnaires, and life skills progression tool within the prescribed time frames. Provides accurate and timely recording of all home visits, infant/child activities, vision and hearing information and all other required data according to the applicable guidelines, policy and procedures of the agency and the funder.
4. Implements the Parents as Teachers evidence model in service delivery. Initiates weekly to bi-monthly home based services for all program participants within one week of referral.
5. Provides supportive services to clients, their infants, and families with referrals to DHS and WIC as well as assisting with arranging for medical appointments.
6. Engages clients in services by greeting parents and children appropriately ensuring a positive connection and a family partnership. Promotes the development of secure relationships with between the infant and parents/primary caregiver.
7. Facilities referrals to appropriate services when needed and/or identified by either the parent educator or participant.
8. Prepares weekly and monthly activity reports on their community outreach activities for the hard to reach teen parent and networks with the community to provide information on program services.
9. Identifies other community resources to assist client and collaborates with these resources to provide services to the client May be assigned to conduct tours of the program, respond to inquiries from other agencies, visit agencies that are potential referral sources, and attends community meetings to build awareness of the program. .
10. Must independently assess the needs of clients and provide linkage and advocacy to ensure the client is able to access the needed services.
Preferred Requirements: Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Early Childhood Development, Counseling or Psychology. Two years of experience as a doula (attending to women during birth as well as prenatally and post-partum). Parents as Teachers Certification. Doula Certification
Minimum Requirements: Bachelor's Degree in Community Health, Child and Family Behavior, Sociology, or Behavioral Science. Doula Certification
Other Requirements: Driver’s license and reliable transportation.
The Catholic Charities of the Archdiocese of Chicago is an equal opportunity employer and consideration for employment is made without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Minimum Education Required