Details: Salary commensurate with experience.
540 Fairview Avenue North
College Possible is a growing nonprofit coaching students from low-income backgrounds to and through college to break the cycle of poverty and empower the next generation of leaders. Our model earns top-of-field results: a 2011 Harvard study found that the program more than doubles a student’s chance of enrolling in a four-year college, and our students are four times more likely to become college graduates than their low-income peers. College Possible has a budget of nearly $20 million, more than 110 full-time employees and more than 270 AmeriCorps and VISTA service members. During the 2017-2018 school year, we will reach an estimated 30,000 students in all 50 states, at more than 90 partner high schools and at more than 350 colleges.
College Possible has a growth and scaling strategy – Catalyze – that holds the potential to reach tens to hundreds of thousands more low-income college students over the next decade. Through its Catalyze initiative, College Possible will build the capacity of colleges and universities to adopt and integrate its proven coaching model into their infrastructure to better support every low-income student on partner campuses. College Possible will train and support its post-secondary partners in hiring and managing near-peer coaches, thus leveraging high-quality existing staff to implement the College Possible model.
College Possible is committed to equity, diversity and inclusion, and seeks to build a diverse workforce to create impact in partnership with the communities we serve. We welcome a diverse pool of qualified applicants. For each of its positions, College Possible is mindful about what best serves our students, and seeks to hire staff with relevant experience, skills and aptitude, and a commitment to the power of education.
Headquartered in Saint Paul, Minnesota, College Possible also operates in Milwaukee, Wisconsin; Portland, Oregon; Omaha, Nebraska; Philadelphia, Pennsylvania and Chicago, Illinois. We’re joining forces with colleges to achieve a transformational impact: by 2021, we will partner with 400 colleges to reach 50,000 students.
To learn more, visit CollegePossible.org.
We are seeking a tech-savvy, collaborative, high-energy, training professional to join our successful, growing organization as part of our Catalyze leadership team. The Learning Experience Designer will work with the Senior Manager of Training Strategy and Design to design, develop, implement and evaluate distance learning programs and training materials for our growing audience of college coaches and coach supervisors.
Essential Job Functions
· In partnership with Senior Training Manager, recommend instructional methods (virtual classroom, self-paced learning, job-performance aids, and micro-learning videos) based on long-term strategy and audience needs;
· Partner with internal partners to design storyboards, wireframes and other distance learning solutions that are learner-focused and strategic;
· Analyze and enhance existing learning materials and methodologies and make recommendations on ways to adapt to virtual learning solutions;
- Stay current on virtual learning trends. Research, evaluate, and recommend emerging instructional technologies or methods.
· Using Camtasia, Adobe Captivate, Adobe Premiere and other virtual training tools, create end-to-end, web-based training content including: eLearnings, self-paced resources, virtual instructor guides, and video training materials;
- Collaborate with internal and external partners to ensure course development of complex concepts is accurate and clear;
· Modify existing eLearnings, based on evolving needs and feedback.
· Working within ADDIE (or similar) methodology, act as a project manager over short and long-term training initiatives.
Facilitation, Support and Evaluation:
· Facilitate virtual and in-person training sessions, as needed;
· Evaluate training effectiveness and impact, based on anecdotal feedback and data;
· Provide technical support to individuals in the adoption and utilization of training content and tools.
Other duties as assigned.
Professional Requirements (Skills & Qualifications)
In addition to the requirements below, College Possible staff and service members are expected to demonstrate the Idealistic Leader Traits of Strive to be Delightful, Energize those in your Presence, Keep Your Eyes on the Prize, Challenge Cynicism, Practice Empathy, Learn to be Grateful and Have Fun, as expressed in our organizational value statement and have a significant commitment to the mission of helping low-income students earn admission to college and persist toward degree completion.
Related Work Experience:
· Three years in online instructional design and development required;
- Experience publishing and working with LMS systems required;
- Video content creation and editing experience preferred;
· Adult-learning theory and design experience preferred;
· Experience working in a start-up environment preferred.
· Strong aptitude using a variety of media software tools including, but not limited to: Adobe Captivate, Articulate Storyline, Camtasia and Zoom;
· Strong computer skills, including high proficiency in: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
Other Skills, Abilities and Requirements:
· Demonstrated ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment;
· Comfort with ambiguity inherent in a start-up environment;
· Established record of work with diverse populations;
· Strong written and verbal communication skills;
· Strong organizational skills and attention to detail;
· Ability to work independently and as a member of a high performing team.
Excellent benefits (complete health, dental, life, short-term and long-term insurance, 401(k) retirement plan and generous paid time off program).
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please apply at: www.CollegePossible.org/careers Include a resume and cover letter.