The Astraea Lesbian Foundation for Justice is the only philanthropic organization working exclusively to advance LGBTQI human rights around the globe. We support brilliant and brave grantee partners in the U.S. and internationally who challenge oppression and seed change. We work for racial, economic, social, and gender justice because we all deserve to live our lives freely, without fear, and with dignity.
The first grantmaker to hundreds of organizations, Astraea plays a catalytic role for LGBTQI groups around the world - particularly those led by lesbian, bisexual and queer women, trans and gender-nonconforming folks, intersex people, and people of color. Our grantmaking, capacity building, media and communications, and philanthropic advocacy programs support their work to build powerful movements for justice. A proud public foundation and one of the first women’s funds in the world, Astraea has granted over $49 million to LGBTQI activists and artists in our 43-year history.
POSITION DESCRIPTION – Full Time (35 hrs/wk with benefits)
Astraea Foundation for Justice seeks an extremely organized, collaborative, and detail-oriented person to join our Admin Team as an Administrative Assistant. Working under the Executive Administrative Manager’s (EAM) direction, the ideal candidate will be a well-versed administrator adept in implementing organizational systems. The ability to set priorities, solve problems, exercise sound judgment, and take initiative is required. The ideal candidate must be forward-thinking with exemplary oral and written communication skills. The Administrative Assistant must be computer savvy, and able to prioritize tasks effectively in a cross-functional environment. Ability to interact with a broad spectrum of people and with colleagues who may not be in the same geographic location is essential. This candidate must be resourceful in building relationships across the larger Astraea ecosystem.
· Perform, under minimal supervision, a full range of administrative support functions, including calendar management (e.g., scheduling and rescheduling meetings and informing contacts), team travel, IT support for meetings or other gatherings
· Ensure smooth and efficient information flow between internal stakeholders
· Coordinate with other administrative officers to support streamlined communication and work planning processes across teams
· Attend meetings, take notes and monitor follow-up activities in Asana
· Research, compile, and prepare background materials for use in preparation of all team communications, such as information collection for reports, publications, and briefs
· Provide pre-meeting/event briefings and logistical support to the Team leadership for both internal and external events
· Develop clear team and work guidelines that are consistent with agreed team strategies
· Understand and maintain confidentiality
· Support with executing priorities and activities of the Team's workplan by coordinating and maintaining projects resources and files (paper and electronic)
· Contribute to the effective functioning of the team
· Maintain regular liaison with team leads and the Executive Administrative Manager regarding administrative matters and organizational workflows
· Prepare team's travel arrangements in compliance with the organization's travel policies
· Orient new staff to relevant administrative procedures and practices and provide general assistance to other office support staff, as required
· Maintain files (paper and electronic) and organize and upkeep shared workspace/databases (e.g., Box), including keeping systems updated daily
· Associate degree or equivalent work experience.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office 365, project management software such as Asana, and cloud file storage software such as Box, a plus
· Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
· Exceptional organizational skills
· Project management experience a plus
· Comfortable talking about identities such as race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, class, ability, or gender in plain, specific terms
· Understands the historical context for racial inequity and its
· Ability to manage multiple priorities and adjust work schedule to meet deadlines and emerging needs.
· Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Ability to understand and maintain confidentiality.
· Ability to work collaboratively, independently, proactively, creatively, and respectfully with multiple constituencies and audiences.
· Experience and/or demonstrated interest in social justice, human rights, and/or philanthropic fields are desirable.
· Commitment to and knowledge of issues facing domestic and global LGBTQI, feminist and racial, economic, and gender justice movements
· Understanding and acceptance of Astraea's core values and guiding principles as a social
· Second language a plus.
Astraea offers a competitive salary and benefits for this position, including resources for professional development. This is a full-time position with an hourly pay rate of $30.22. U.S. work authorization is required.
The Astraea Lesbian Foundation for Justice is the only philanthropic organization working exclusively to advance LGBTQI human rights around the globe. We support brilliant and brave grantee partners in the U…
Please send resume/CV and cover letter to email@example.com with Administrative Assistant in the subject line or submit via the form on our website by April 23rd, 2021. No phone calls, please. Only applicants being considered for interviews will be contacted.
Astraea is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse (multi-gender, cross-class and multi-racial), collaborative and sustainable work environment. We select, place, train, and promote the best-qualified individuals based upon relevant factors such as work quality, attitude, and experience so as to provide equal opportunity for all of our employees without regard to non-work-related factors such as sexual orientation, gender identity, or expression, race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, disability, economic status, personal appearance including height and weight, family responsibility, matriculation, political affiliation or any other status. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the application and interview process, please express that with your cover letter and resume submission.
For more information visit www.astraeafoundation.org.
Please send resume/CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with Administrative Assistant in the subject line or submit via the form on our website by April 23rd, 2021. No…