Big Brothers Big Sisters of Bucks County- Enrollment & Match Specialist
- Job posted by Big Brothers Big Sisters of Bucks County
2875 York Road
Job Summary: Recruit, Screen volunteer mentors to become "Bigs". Recruit, Screen Bucks County Youth to become, "Littles". Ascertain sometime sensitive information from both parties. Write assessments for volunteers and youth after conducting interviews. Use professional judgment to evaluate the appropriateness of volunteer and youth for acceptance into program. Once accepted, analyze gathered information to identify similar personality traits, shared interests or life experiences to form the basis of a friendship between a volunteer and youth. Introduce volunteer and youth to each other.
- Bachelors degree
- Excellent oral and written communication skills that reflect solid customer service
- Ability to effectively work with a team and maintain confidentiality through daily operations
- Ability to form appropriate assessment-based relationships in multicultural environments
- Ability to focus on details and use time effectively to collect meaningful data and draw solid conclusions
- Must have a car, valid driver’s license, and meet required auto insurance premiums
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office; including Word and Excel
- Highly motivated
- Willingness to go into homes in Bucks County with varying conditions of cleanliness, pets, neighborhoods.
- Ability work a varying schedule, including evenings and occasional weekends to meet needs of customer.
- Experience with nonprofit and community-based organizations or community outreach
- Educational or professional experience in building rapport and relationships with both adults and youth.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assess volunteer “fit” to BBBS. Conduct volunteer enrollments, including: individual orientations, interviews, and completion of any other enrollment processes. Assess the necessity of home visits and complete as indicated
- Recruit volunteers and children
- Conduct client enrollments including parent/child interviews, child safety education and enrollment processes. Assess and refer families for alternative or additional services as needed
- Assess and provide for individual training needs, information and support needs for each match participant to assure a positive youth development experience for the child, and successful and satisfying experience for the volunteer
- Ensure high-level expertise in applying child safety and risk management knowledge, policies and procedures throughout all aspects of job function
- Develop strategic interventions to identify and strengthen match relationships that require extra support.
- Work with staff to develop, promote and implement individual and group match activities to support ongoing volunteer involvement with the child and agency
- Share with development and/or marketing staff potential partnership relationships as discovered through volunteers’ and parents’ employers and affiliations
- To ensure quality services and measurable outcomes, maintain accurate and timely records for each match according to standards and utilize technology to report, synthesize and analyze data
- Other duties as assigned
12 Paid Holidays
Plus: Vacation, Personal, Sick time, Birthday off.
Medical, Dental, Vision
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply: Email cover letter, resume, and at least 3 references to Program Director, Erin Simmons at Erin@bbbsbc.org. Resumes without cover letters will not be considered. Cover letter should include how your skill set will be an asset to Big Brothers Big Sisters of Bucks County. Position will remain open until filled.