330 West 42nd Street
The 1199SEIU Benefit & Pension Funds provide comprehensive health, pension, and quality of life benefits to unionized workers represented by 1199SEIU United Healthcare Workers East. We are among the largest labor-management funds in the nation, covering 400,000 members and their families.
If you’re ready for the brightest career future, join us in this excellent opportunity to showcase your talents. We are currently seeking an experienced Coordinator, COB/COBRA for our Eligibility department.
- Resolve all Fast Track inquiries related to Coordination of Benefits and the Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act (COB/COBRA) eligibility-enrollments from Outreach and Member services in a timely and efficient manner
- Generate and analyze production and error ratio reports and report findings to management team
- Review game time stats; assist with department stats and production goals
- Assist Manager as back-up for receiving staff COB questionnaires and COBRA election forms supporting documents for management to process
- Support Vitech testing; outline all V3 items and collaborate with management to ensure resolution.
- Process and track COB Spouse Portal Exception Report and consolidate spousal process via portal and hard copy
- Process the Eligibility Control Report (COBRA) track/log reported records and mass suspensions,
- Ensure issues are completely resolved and member’s benefits are accurately recorded in the eligibility system (Patient Maintenance)
- Support and assist with testing of new portal versions (Mt Account) related to COB/COBRA.
- Perform additional duties and projects as assigned by management
- Must meet performance standards including attendance and punctuality
- High School Diploma or GED required, some College or Degree preferred
- Minimum of three (3) years experience resolving enrollment COB/COBRA matters and updating eligibility systems (Contribution Administration System, Vitech, QNXT and Medco) to include telephonic customer service experience required
- Knowledge of COBRA laws and regulations and COB governing policies
- Intermediate skill level in Microsoft Excel, Outlook and Word required
- Good knowledge of 1199SEIU eligibility benefits for all Funds (i.e., National Benefit Fund, Greater New York and Homecare)
- Excellent customer service skills a must; able to maintain a pleasant and helpful demeanor
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to speak in a clear and concise manner
- Ability to prioritize work with tight schedules and target dates
- Demonstrated organizational skills with ability to multitask and follow up
- Good problem solver with ability to work independently and as a team player
medical, dental, no copay, prescriptions, tuition reimbursement, 401K
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
We offer a competitive salary, an excellent fully employer-paid comprehensive benefits package and talented professional colleagues. For consideration and to apply, please visit us at https://chm.tbe.taleo.net/chm03/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=NBF1199&cws=1&rid=7237. Please mention you saw this ad in Idealist. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.