Harlem Educational Activities Fund (HEAF) is a comprehensive supplemental education and youth development organization that works to help motivated students develop the intellectual curiosity, academic ability, social values, and personal resilience they need to ensure success in school, career, and life. HEAF identifies scholars in middle school and supports them until they graduate from a four-year college through a variety of after-school, Saturday, and summer educational and youth development programs.
The YD facilitator will serve as a key facilitator and mentor for HEAF students in grades 6-12. They aim to provide support, guidance, and an inclusive learning environment where students absorb and interpret new discoveries about themselves and the world around them. YD Facilitators will also collaborate with other co-facilitators and programs staff to provide comprehensive 1-1 mentorship with students, family engagement, and robust planning for YD events.
Job Type: Part-Time
● Paid Orientation (June 2022)
● Program Dates: July 5, 2022, through August 5, 2022
● Program Hours: 8:30 am - 3:30 pm Monday-Thursday
● Hours: 28 hours per week
Location: Brooklyn, Manhattan, or Queens. Facilitators will only be assigned to one HEAF site.
HEAF Vaccination Policy:
We require all HEAF new hires to be vaccinated and boosted against COVID-19 before their start date.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
● Serve as a role model, mentor, and guide
● Facilitates 6th – 12th youth development classes on a daily basis
● Assist with the development of YD grade-specific curriculum
● Manages student behavior by using conflict resolution and positive classroom management strategies
● Support youth in their efforts to develop new social-emotional learning and academic skills
● Receives valuable training on building healthy relationships with youth, SEL competencies, and in-service organizational professional development
● Reports directly to the Director of Youth Development and Counseling
● Manage and submit student attendance on salesforce or respective attendance sheet
● Bachelor’s degree in education or a related field required
● Excellent facilitation skills, techniques
● Experience working with middle school and/or high school students
● Knowledge of topics such as social justice, inclusivity, cultural competency, sex education
● Familiarity with social-emotional learning core competencies
● Strong behavioral management skills
● Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
● Willingness to learn and utilize HEAF’s vision and model
● Ability to work late hours and weekends as needed
Harlem Educational Activities Fund (HEAF) is a comprehensive supplemental education and youth development organization that works to help motivated students develop the intellectual curiosity, academic ability, social values, and…