1448 Wesley Ave
- Develops and implements the weekly lessons plans that utilizing the Creative Curriculum that meet agency, DCFS licensing, accrediting and funding body standards.
- Interacts with the children to assess their strengths and needs to ensure curriculum development and individualized teaching.
- Maintains open communication with parents/caregivers through maintaining bulletin board, weekly newsletters, planned activities, direct contact involving parents and other outreach and communicates with the parents on an ongoing basis regarding their child's progress and participation in the class, including but not limited to parent/teacher conferences and home visits at regular intervals as applicable to program funding regulations.
- Meets the needs of the individual students, ages three to five years, as well as promotes progress in all areas of development.
- Provides a safe, clean and nurturing environment for the children and ensures proper sanitation procedures are followed.
- Completes all required documentation in accordance with agency/programmatic policies and procedures, professional standards, and external requirements of all relevant regulatory, DCFS licensing, funding or accrediting bodies.
- Participates in the NAEYC accreditation process and complies with the requirements of DFSS and DCFS as a licensed child care facility.
- Provide leadership to the teacher assistant with the daily activities of the classroom.
- Participates in on-going recruitment activities designed to increase enrollment in the program.
- Maintains up to date knowledge in the field by attending seminars, workshops and in-service trainings, obtain at least 20 professional development hours annually per requirements of Gateways to Opportunity, obtains Gateways to Opportunity credentials relevant to position and works to increase credential levels as applicable to funding, accrediting and regulatory requirements.
Salary: Not listed
Hours: Full Time
Work Location: 1448 Wesley, Berwyn, IL. 60402
Preferred Requirements: Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Education with two years of experience in an Early Childhood classroom. Certification in Food Safety and Sanitation, CPR and First Aide.
Minimum Requirements: Bachelor’s degree with a minimum 30 credits in ECE. One year of experience or new graduate with student learning experience. CPR and First Aide certification with in the first 12 months of employment. Must obtain food handler certification within six months of hire.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required