Details: Commensurate with experience and nonprofit standards in the SF Bay area
1 Embarcadero Center
Looking for full-time Community and Volunteer Manager to join StartOut in San Francisco.
Economic empowerment is the LGBTQ community’s best bet to affect lasting change. StartOut is the leading national non-profit focused on LGBTQ entrepreneurs and is geared up for extensive expansion. If you have what it takes, we want you to be responsible for managing our community interactions online and offline – and to be an integral part of expanding opportunities for our LGBTQ community, in the US and beyond.
1. General description of ideal candidate:
You are looking for an opportunity to take a key position in an entrepreneurial atmosphere and demonstrate your ability to take initiative and manage diverse tasks. On the spectrum of “doer” to “planner” – you lean towards being a “doer.” You are quick, smart, detail oriented, friendly, able to set priorities, passionate, innovative, enterprising, outcome-driven, close to or part of the LGBTQ community, and flexible to work in an often-changing environment. You are excellent at building relationships and genuinely care about helping others achieve their professional goals.
2. Job specifics:
Based in StartOut’s San Francisco office, reporting to the Director of Operations, and working in a small but driven team:
- Manage the StartOut chapter volunteers who plan StartOut events. Support and motivate volunteers as they execute world-class events in Boston, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Chicago, New York, and Austin.
- Gather and process marketing information for Chapter events and work alongside the marketing manager to ensure accurate and engaging marketing materials are produced. Monitor event registration, and work with the marketing manager and Chapter volunteers to grow registration numbers.
- Manage the “StartOut Rising” program, a program to provide in person networking to entrepreneurs throughout the US and beyond, by recruiting, managing and supporting city leaders who organize networking events in their cities via MeetUp.
- Manage the Entrepreneur Forum, including posting content, facilitating connections, and ensuring every member post has engagement. The ideal candidate will have knowledge of entrepreneurial vocabulary and topics, and will be willing to learn on the job.
- Manage the Growth Lab accelerator space including assisting our five to seven cohort companies and visiting guests with access passes, reserving the conference room, and access to wifi. As the Growth Lab community manager, you will need to regularly work from the office, Monday – Friday, from 9 am to 5 pm.
- 2+ years managing volunteers – event management experience is a plus.
- Experience with online community management ideally in an LGBTQ environment.
- Proven track record of effective task management in a small team setting.
- A passion for the power of entrepreneurship, combined with a keen interest in LGBTQ issues.
- Organized and flexible. Capable of juggling different kinds of work and shifting priorities, without much supervision.
- An exceptional attention to detail.
- Experience managing member data in a CRM or fundraiser software.
- Keen interest in working in a non-profit environment.
Minimum Education Required