District of Columbia
The National PREA Resource Center (PRC) is a project of Impact Justice (IJ), funded through a cooperative agreement with the Bureau of Justice Assistance (BJA), Office of Justice Programs (OJP), at the Department of Justice (DOJ). The PRC serves as the national source for training and technical assistance to assist adult and juvenile corrections, detention, law enforcement, and other professionals in their ongoing work to implement the National Prison Rape Elimination Act (PREA) Standards and reduce sexual abuse in confinement settings. The PRC also supports the Department’s administration of the PREA audit process, including the auditor training, certification, and ongoing education programs.
Impact Justice is a non-profit innovation and research center committed to reducing the number of people involved in our criminal justice system, improving conditions for those who remain incarcerated, providing meaningful opportunities for successful re-entry, and attending to crime victims’ needs. Home to some of the foremost leaders in juvenile justice, violence prevention, research and evaluation, restorative justice, and youth development, Impact Justice provides an array of technical assistance to criminal justice and community stakeholders.
The PRC seeks a part-time team member to serve as an Administrative Assistant (AA) in IJ’s Washington, DC office. The position will support the PREA Resource Center by providing support to the PRC team. This includes, but is not limited to, managing and administering various online systems, general clerical duties, and assisting with logistical preparation for travel, events, and trainings. AAs work in multiple project areas to assist with the tasks involved to accomplish program deliverables. The successful candidate will be organized, detail-oriented, and able to manage multiple moving pieces and tasks.
The Administrative Assistant will report to PRC Program Manager and will be expected to work part-time. This position is based in Washington, DC. Administrative Assistant responsibilities and tasks include, but are not limited to:
PREA Resource Center Administration (85%)
- Provides executive assistance to the Co-Directors of the PRC and leadership of the DC office, including calendaring, expense processing, and recordkeeping support.
- Provides administrative support and systems troubleshooting for various PRC systems and tools, and develops systems training guides for new systems as necessary.
- Periodically assists with event planning and logistical production for trainings and events held in venues around the country, including but not limited to researching event venues, printing materials and supporting logistical preparation, and assisting staff with lodging and travel reservations.
- Processing training candidate applications, including completing training candidate employment verifications and completing basic internet information searches.
- Assisting with PRC communications including maintenance of PRC contacts; collecting, reviewing, and posting relevant news articles to the PRC website; and supporting other PRC website maintenance and projects.
- Assists in data entry, verification, and manual clean-up of audit and contact data submitted to and maintained in the PRC’s data systems.
- Supporting PRC team members with travel arrangements, note-taking, or other administrative support activities as needed.
Impact Justice Administration (15%)
- Managing all DC office needs, including but not limited to liaising with building management, maintaining supplies, mail collection and distribution, planning and implementing physical setup changes, hardware setup and maintenance, coordinating staff meetings and internal events, and implementing employee onboarding and offboarding processes.
- Serves as liaison between the DC office and the Oakland IJ administrative team regarding DC office needs and to coordinate on organization wide operations matters.
Basic Applicant Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Positive, solutions-oriented approach to problem-solving
- Strong personal time management skills and ability to manage and prioritize many tasks across multiple focus areas and working with multiple team members
- Demonstrated track record of completed assigned tasks in a timely and efficient manner
- Proficiency in either Windows or Apple operating systems
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Proficiency or the capacity to quickly develop high proficiency in the Google Apps suite including Gmail, Google Drive, and Google Calendar
- Proficiency in, or ability to adopt quickly to, other technological programs and platforms (e.g. Absorb LMS, Salesforce, Cirrus, FormAssembly, FormStack, Asana)
Additional Preferred Applicant Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience, plus one year relevant experience
- Demonstrated interest in criminal and social justice work
- Ability to pass a background check required
Equal Opportunity Employment
Impact Justice provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, age, criminal history, disability or genetics. We strongly encourage people of color, individuals who identify as part of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and/or queer communities, and individuals with experience in the criminal justice system to apply.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Flexible work environment and schedule
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, please submit your resume and a short cover letter explaining your qualifications and interest in the position to DCAdminAssitant@impactjustice.org. Please have the subject line of the email read “[Your Last Name], [Your First Name] Application for IJ PRC AA Position”
Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted within the month following the application deadline.