1401 S. Sacramento Dr.
About Girls in the Game
At Girls in the Game every girl finds her voice, discovers her strength and leads with confidence through fun and active leadership, sports and health programs. Our programs empower all girls to be gamechangers in their own lives and in their communities. We strive to serve girls year-round and over the long-term and offer a continuum of programs for girls at each stage in their development. Our heart is in Chicago, but in recent years we’ve expanded to include programs in Bloomington, Illinois, Baltimore, Maryland and Dallas, Texas.
Girls in the Game is a growing organization with 18 full-time staff members plus 20-30 part-time seasonal staff and interns. We work out of two offices located in Chicago Park District fieldhouses, our headquarters in Douglas Park in North Lawndale and a satellite office in McGuane Park in Bridgeport. This position will be based at Douglas Park, but will work from McGuane Park as needed.
Girls in the Game seeks an organized professional to manage the back office functions of the organization and help make Girls in the Game a quicker, more efficient, happier, and better organized workplace. The Office Manager will oversee all HR, IT and office management functions of Girls in the Game, working closely with the Executive Director, the Finance Manager and other organization leaders. The ideal candidate has at least three years’ experience in an office setting, learns quickly, and is looking for a position they can grow in over time. The right person for this job delights in creating order out of chaos, is good with numbers and technology, interested in human resources, follows through on projects to the last detail, is creative and resourceful, and can keep a sense of humor in our busy, shared office space. The candidate will oversee all hiring and must have a strong eye for individual talent, above-average organization skills, and an open, supportive attitude toward staff. Strong technology skills and the ability to learn new technologies quickly are absolutely essential. The Office Manager is the first responder to staff who need help with Microsoft Office (both software and online apps), SharePoint, connectivity, email, and any challenges with computer hardware, phones and other office machines. Well qualified candidates be able to balance daily troubleshooting problems with big picture operations management.
Office Administration and IT
· Act as the administrator for our SharePoint file server, maintaining system health, keeping it in good order and managing users
· Act as the lead administrator for our Salesforce.com database, including managing users, troubleshooting issues and empowering staff to increase their SF knowledge
· Daily, review the office environment to ensure that it is organized, clean, safe and presentable to the public
· Support key IT consultants and troubleshoot basic and software oriented IT related issues
· Maintain all relationships with vendors and seek bids for new service needs
· Oversee use and maintenance of all office equipment
· Order and maintain all office and program supplies
· Serve as first point of contact with all revenue, entering it into the deposit log and working closely with the Finance Manager to ensure proper financial practices
· Serve as the lead staff member when dealing with all HR related functions, including working with Managers on job searches, orienting new employees, managing background checks and paperwork for new employees and interns, and serving as the main point of contact for intern inquiries.
· Oversee the application and selection process for Year of Service staff.
· Handle any HR-related issues that may come up with staff, including performance-related issues and other sensitive situations.
· Oversee timesheets and PTO tracking as well as schedule and plan staff-wide functions such as the annual holiday party and planning days and manage the Google calendar.
· Be on the lookout for inefficiencies and redundancies and make creative suggestions for improvements or new procedures
· Follow up with new hires after 30 days to ensure their questions have been answered
· Call new employees and their supervisors after 90 days on the job to check on progress and to provide an introductory performance review to the supervisor for completion
· Enroll eligible employees in and administer benefits plans
· Distribute and post all legally required posters, notices and/or documents according to the State and Federal regulations
· Oversee and assist with performance appraisal process
· Commitment to Girls in the Game’s mission
· Bachelor’s degree required
· At least three years of experience in an office setting
· Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills
· Experience with Microsoft Office and intermediate knowledge of formatting in Microsoft Excel.
· Experience with QuickBooks and Salesforce.com desired
· Must be able to pick up new technologies easily
· Ability to work under pressure and balance urgent short-term tasks with important long-term goals
· Experience in polite and professional communications, both written and in-person/over the phone
• Employment is contingent upon proof of eligibility to work
• Verification of degree/credentials
• Background check and fingerprint clearance
• Agreement to uphold all of the Girls in the Game Policies and Procedures (by signature)
· Time management
· Organization and attention to detail
· Adaptability and flexibility
· Systems and procedures
· Did you read this far into the job description? Excellent. Please mention that in a P.S. in your cover letter to show how thorough you are.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
This position requires:
Frequently: sitting, walking, seeing, hearing, speaking, standing, carrying
Occasionally: stooping, lift up to 40 lbs, squatting, kneeling, bending, pushing/pulling
Seldom: climbing, twisting, running, active play
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This is a fast paced environment and the noise level is usually moderate.
This is a full-time, permanent position with an expected start date in June. The salary for this position is $38,000 with health, dental and retirement benefits included.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, please email a resume and cover letter to Kaylise Algrim at firstname.lastname@example.org.