Population Services InternationalAnalyst, Operational Excellence
Based in Washington, DC
No Travel Required
Reports to Head, Operational ExcellenceJoin us!
The new Operational Excellence (OpEx) department was stood up to reduce financial loss, mitigate risk, and enhance compliance at PSI. This will be done by identifying and implementing opportunities for operational efficiencies, and simplifying work processes, while maintaining high standards of quality. PSIers are passionate about implementing high quality projects, and any challenges they face in doing so will be addressed through OpEx's successes.
We are looking for an Analyst to support the deployment and monitoring of PSI's continuous process improvement strategy and activities designed to reduce organizational risk and to improve operating efficiencies. The Analyst will be responsible for developing and maintaining dashboards, while finding creative ways of presenting data and results which generate interest in and enthusiasm for the work OpEx does. The Analyst will also contribute to OpEx by developing and maintaining a knowledge management platform that will be easily accessible to all stakeholders.
Sound like you? Read on.Your contributionEnhance data-driven decision-making:
Drive process improvement:
- Develop and maintain OpEx dashboards to monitor the impact of OpEx activities and to compile data related to organizational risk, including compliance (ethics, legal, governance), strategic (strategy, geopolitical, health innovations), operational (HR, IT, supply chain, marketing & communications, project performance, corporate assets), risk (ROPR), and financial.
- Develop and maintain dashboard to monitor OpEx department's own performance metrics, and any projects PSI has identified as high priority.
- Generate graphics that effectively describe, explore and summarize information for communication to appropriate parties, including PSI Executive Management and Board of Directors.
- Provide adhoc reports for decision-making.
Contribute to standard operating procedures (SOPs):
- Provide support to the execution of critical process improvement and re-engineering efforts of global scope designed to reduce risk, improve compliance, and create operational efficiencies. Produce project plans and help to monitor and ensure activities stay on track.
- Develop and maintain OpEx SharePoint and other knowledge management platforms designed to build a culture of OpEx and promote excellence and innovative thinking with employees at all levels of the organization. This includes library of SOPs and SOP templates, best practices and lessons learned, reports, and ROPRs.
Support training initiatives:
- Create and maintain standard templates for SOPs.
- Support Senior Manager, OpEx, as needed, to translate PSI policies and compliance requirements into SOPs.
Monitor organization-wide risk and compliance:
- Provide support for OpEx-related trainings, including developing materials, setting up training invitations and platforms, and tracking training metrics.
What are we looking for?
- Administer global compliance programs, such as Code of Conduct, aimed at reducing organization risk.
The candidate we hire will embody PSI's corporate values:Collaboration:
You can work independently, but thrive within a team.Trust:
You trust that your manager and team will have your back and care deeply about gaining that same trust from your teammatesPragmatism:
You dive in and maintain momentum even when things are ambiguous and you don't let perfect get in the way of good enough.Honesty:
You aren't afraid to speak up and speak your mind.Measurement:
You set clear and challenging goals and hold yourself accountable to driving measurable results.Commitment:
You're independent and a free thinker, but you're ready to buy in to the direction of the team and commit to its success.The basics
What would get us excited?Lover of numbers:
- A Bachelor's Degree, or international equivalent, in a related field.
- At least 3 years of related work experience.
- Ability to create metrics dashboards and visually present data; statistical, data analysis and trending skills preferred.
- Advanced proficiency in Excel, SharePoint, or equivalent tools.
- Experience with donor-funded projects in an international context, experience working in the field is a bonus.
- Well versed in USG and other donor regulations, preferably DfID and The Global Fund.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Basic financial acumen, as it applies to process improvements and program/project management.
- Facilitation and presentation skills preferred.
- Experience with concisely and clearly conveying complex topics in written SOPs and training materials preferred.
- Experience with lean concepts and continuous process improvement approaches, such as Kaizen, preferred.
- References will be required.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States. B. PSI will not consider work visa sponsorship for this position
- The successful candidate will be required to pass a background check.
You love numbers and you love data. You proactively seek ways of capturing data and presenting trends. Organized:
You excel at proactively organizing large volumes of information and information resources, in a way that external stakeholders understand, and will be able to access and use that information for decision-making and improvement of their daily work.Results-oriented:
You are a high-performer who knows how to get the job done, and produce high-quality results in a short period of time. You are able to think outside of the box to identify solutions to complicated problems.Simplifier:
You excel at taking complicated problems, and boiling them down to their essentials. You see a way to streamline or improve a process, and won't hesitate to share ideas in making it happen.Champion of fun:
You support the idea that the team that works hard should play hard. You have a team attitude, and smile and encourage others to perform at their best.STATUS
*Due to high volume of applications, only finalists will be contacted. Curious about your status? Please log into your iCIMS account to find out. PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of actual or perceived race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, personal appearance, matriculation, political affiliation, family status or responsibilities, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, childbirth, related medical conditions or breastfeeding, genetic information, amnesty, veteran, special disabled veteran or uniform service member status or employment status.
ACCESSIBILITY NOTICE: If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process due to a physical or mental disability, please send an email to: email@example.com
or call (202)785-0072.
<img src="https://www.click2apply.net/v/eo8g67HRKOJnTzO1hmjOa" />