101 Centre Plaza Drive
JOB DESCRIPTION for the ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
*Note: Both a resume and a cover letter are required.
The Administrative Assistant will provide administrative support to both the Finance and Human Resource Departments and report directly to the Controller and the HR Manager.
Primary Duties Assisting both the Finance and Human Resource Departments:
- File, copy, scan and fax documents.
- Other duties, responsibilities and projects as requested.
Primary Duties for Assisting the Human Resources Department include:
- Scan, organize and maintain electronic filing systems.
- Maintain hard copy filing system.
- Prepare orientation packets and swag bags for new hires.
- Create file folders for employee personnel files.
- Process applicant regret letters.
- Complete employee loan forgiveness documents.
- Conduct ergonomic evaluations on employee workstations.
- Collect and review Office Safety Check-off list for all offices.
- Review Office Safety Check-off list for safety infractions and discuss means of correction with HR Department.
- Assist in coordination of bi-annual Health Fair.
The Administrative Assistant must have a minimum of two years of experience in general office/administrative practices. Experience working in a non-profit organization is a plus.
The Administrative Assistant must have excellent written and verbal communications skills, be computer proficient, and have knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel with the flexibility to learn new computer programs. The Administrative Assistant must be detail oriented, have the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines, while being accurate and thorough.
The Administration Assistant will become privy to confidential concerning CLC and its employees. Information must remain confidential at all times and must not be disclosed or discussed except as authorized by the HR Manager or Controller. The Administrative Assistant will interact with many CLC employees and must be able to maintain a positive and supportive demeanor. The Administrative Assistant must have the ability to remain calm and professional at all times, with all employees.
An operable automobile, valid California driver's license, and automobile insurance are required at all times while working for Children's Law Center of California.
Children's Law Center of California is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or promotion on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition, age, or gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Medical, Dental, 403B
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
A resume and cover letter must be attached. To apply please visit our job site at www.clcla.org/employment.
We look forward forward to hearing from you!