Details: Competitive salary and benefits
11 Bartlett Street
Beginning with Children
School Based Job Descriptions
Beginning with Children
Beginning with Children (BwC) is a Brooklyn based school management organization founded by school reform leaders Joe and Carol Reich over 20 years ago on a deep belief in the power of education. BwC supports two New York City Public Charter Schools and an alumni and college success program that provides education and academic supports for students from Pre-K to college.
Our schools, Beginning with Children Charter School 2 are located in Bedford Stuyvesant, Clinton Hill and Williamsburg where approximately 80% of our families qualify for free/reduced lunch. Our hard-working families, face high rates of low-wage employment, and find it increasingly difficult to break the cycle of poverty and continuing injustice which plague these neighborhoods. At BwC we know that academic success and college completion have proven to be the most effective way to promote social and economic mobility. We are committed to creating strong centers of learning that transform the lives of students and families and revitalize communities.
Beginning with Children continues to successfully move K-8 graduates through high school graduation and college enrollment. The success of BwC Scholars is the product of caring, committed and talented educators who work collaboratively with families to meet the needs of our students. As we continue to develop our Professional Learning Community we invite talented and innovative educators to join us in our mission to provide quality instruction to every child in every classroom.
Beginning with Children schools empower scholars to meet high academic standards throughout their education and embrace a set of core values that are essential to success in life. Our graduates will be independent thinkers who are committed to succeeding in college preparatory programs and becoming active and engaged citizens in their communities.
BwCCS 2, Middle School is a nurturing community that fosters a love of learning and the development of character for students in the 6th grade. Next year, we’ll be adding a 7th grade. Our students achieve academic excellence and are prepared to succeed in top performing high schools and colleges. BwCCS 2 students develop and use G.R.I.T. (Good Judgment, Resilience, Integrity, and Teamwork) for personal and community improvement.
- Principal in Residence
- Coach a cohort of teachers
- Serve as a core member of the School Leadership Team
- Model highly effective instruction
- Drive student and teacher achievement
- Support students’ socio-emotional development
- Develop staff’s understanding of adolescent socio-emotional needs
- Model the school's mission, values and standards for professional behavior.
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned
- New York State certification a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with diverse constituencies, including students, parents, trustees, BwC representatives, community members, and donors.
- Understand the nuances of urban school environments and school culture.
- Experience teaching/leading middle school.
- Master's degree.
- Minimum 4 years teaching experience.
- Experience teaching English as a Second Language or Speech is a plus
- Bilingual (Spanish) a plus.
The successful candidate will be:
- Passionate about providing high quality education to students in an underserved urban community.
- Relentless in his/her drive to improve the minds and lives of the students in and out of school.
- Humble, reflective and willing to continually improve.
- A teacher with maturity, confidence, wisdom and collaborative skills necessary to garner the trust and confidence of board members, faculty, staff, students, parents, and others within the school community.
- An individual with a high level of integrity and work ethic who can inspire through example.
- An individual who promotes consistent standards of excellence in teaching and learning throughout the school.
If you are interested in applying for the Principal in Residence position at Beginning with Children Charter School 2 Middle School, please contact Esosa Ogbahon (email@example.com). In your email, please reference this posting in your subject line and attach a work sample that reflects your leadership. Thank you.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required