Part Time Temporary
Details: Hourly rate starts and $23/hour and is commensurate with experience.
170 East 121st Street
The Center for Court Innovation is a non-profit organization that works to create a more effective and humane justice system by performing original research and helping launch reforms around the world. The Center creates operating projects that have been documented to improve public safety and reduce the use of jail and prison. Nationally and internationally, the Center performs original research on topics of justice reform and provides consulting services to criminal justice innovators.
The Harlem Community Justice Center is seeking a Case Manager for its Reentry Task Force. Reporting to the Deputy Director, the Case Manager will work with individuals who have been imprisoned for violent and non-violent offenses and are making the transition from life in prison to responsible citizenship. The Case Manager will be a part of the New York County Reentry Task Force team providing assessments, service referrals and linkages, and compliance monitoring with the goal of reducing recidivism and assisting clients in making a successful transition back into their communities.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· In consultation with parole officers and clients, create a supervision plan that addresses the conditions of the client’s release and their criminogenic needs;
· Refer all participants on caseload to appropriate service providers to satisfy all parole stipulations for that individual;
· In ongoing counseling sessions, assist clients identify and address any barriers to community reintegration;
· Provide aggressive follow-up with community partners to ensure clients’ needs are being met;
· Provide crisis intervention;
· Participate in case management team meetings;
· Conduct cognitive behavioral intervention groups such as Thinking for a Change or Ready, Set, Work!;
· Maintain records of all case management meetings and regularly update reentry database;
· Provide reports and recommendations to the Reentry Team regarding clients’ progress in all treatment and service areas.
Qualifications: The ideal candidate will have a bachelor’s degree and a minimum of two years experience working with formerly incarcerated persons or a similar justice-involved population. Candidate must be a skilled communicator who is able to work in a multi-disciplinary setting and maintain strong relationships with multiple agencies and organizations both onsite and in the community. Individual must be trained in, and be able to demonstrate an ability to use motivational interviewing. Certification in T4C or RSW! highly desired. Must be able to work until 7pm on Thursdays.
Position Type: Part-time, Temporary (25 hrs/wk).
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
How to apply:
Send resume and cover letter to:
Subject line: Part Time Reentry Case Manager
Yaya Yuan, Deputy Project Director
Harlem Community Justice Center
170 E. 121st
New York, NY 10035
Note: In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete an employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. Only applicants under consideration will be contacted. No phone calls please. Applications without cover letters will not be reviewed.
Visit our website at www.courtinnovation.org.
The Center for Court Innovation is a project of the Fund for the City of New York.
The Fund for the City of New York/Center for Court Innovation is an equal opportunity employer.