88 Broad Street, 8th floor
Senior Program Manager, State Network Engagement: Postsecondary
At Jobs for the Future—you can call us JFF—we believe that everyone deserves the education and training needed to pursue a career. For 35 years, JFF has created the programs, influenced the policy, worked with partners in the field—such as community-based organizations, government agencies, educators, employers, and funders—to make sure that needed support is available. Our services range from education to workforce development across the United States.
The Postsecondary team provides a comprehensive suite of services to help key state actors create the policy conditions and statewide infrastructure needed for community colleges to implement evidence-based, institution-wide innovations. Led by JFF, the Postsecondary State Network (PSN) is a 17-state collaborative committed to advancing policies and practices that accelerate student completion and success in the labor market.
The PSP team also leads and creates the infrastructure for service delivery to the Student Success Center Network, comprised of 15 Student Success Centers nationwide. Centers organize a state’s community colleges around common action to accelerate student persistence and completion. Centers build a collective approach to policy advocacy across their state’s community colleges so that resources are spent efficiently and reforms target as many students as possible earning postsecondary credentials.
We are looking for a motivated, engaging individual to join our Postsecondary team as we expand to serve the needs of our growing Student Success Center Network. The Senior Program Manager, State Network Engagement (SPM) will play a key role in creating a healthy, robust, peer-learning Network in which members can seamlessly connect with one another to advance their work on guided pathways into and through postsecondary education. The SPM will join other members of the Postsecondary team in supporting Centers via a partnership coaching model as well as liaising with service provider organizations as they provide technical assistance to the Centers within our network of states. This role has many external-facing components with community college system leaders and national experts, and also requires internal coordination within our team and JFF as a whole. If you are excited by developing and executing strategy to support a networked approach to change, this is the job for you.
We would love to chat if you are:
· Skillful in internal and external relationship management; able to engage with broad array of stakeholders in higher education
· Excited about creating an engagement strategy for Network members (i.e. Center executive directors and staff, national organizations, JFF) to better communicate with one another and participate in Network-wide decision making
· Passionate about the possibility of scalable solutions in higher education making a lasting and sustainable impact on student outcomes
· Flexible, comfortable with ambiguity, and someone who brings excitement to their work
We think our new SPM, State Network Engagement will:
· Have 5-7 years of experience in a related field, preferably familiarity with postsecondary education
· Communicate complex information well to a diverse set of audiences
· Have experience working in matrixed teams
· Be a systems thinker who flexes easily between the details and the larger picture
Click here to review the full job description.
Then visit our careers page to apply with your resume and cover letter along with a writing sample. (Please don’t forget the cover letter or writing sample, we are excited to learn more about you!) Our team will review applicants, contact qualified candidates, and share more about the job.
This is an incredible time to join JFF, which celebrates 35 years this year and offers the best of an established and an entrepreneurial organization. Want to know more about life as a JFFer?
Some perks include:
- Tuition reimbursement & professional growth opportunities
- Summer Flex-A-Days!
- Retirement matching AND contribution
- Healthcare paid at 90%
- Commuter benefits
Thanks for your interest in JFF!
Jobs for the Future is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to diversity in its workforce: diverse candidates, persons with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.
Minimum Education Required