18 Tremont Street
Position: Director of Strategic Partnerships
Exciting opportunity for an experienced and innovative leader to design, develop, and oversee Second Nature’s strategic partnerships, integrate these partnerships with Second Nature’s climate action programs and advocacy / policy efforts, and develop new revenue streams for Second Nature through partnerships.
Reporting to the President and working closely with the entire cross-functional Second Nature team, the Director of Strategic Partnerships will be responsible for cultivating and maintaining strategic partnerships with corporate, NGO, and governmental entities to further Second Nature’s mission. Accessibility to Second Nature’s Boston office is strongly preferred, but remote work may be considered for highly qualified candidates, particularly in the Washington D.C. region.
- Serve as Second Nature’s strategic lead for partnerships that strengthen the impact of the Climate Leadership Network
- Set metrics, targets, goals, and devising strategies for creative partnership engagement in alignment with Second Nature’s strategic and financial priorities
- Develop new national and regional NGO and governmental partnerships, manage relations with partners, and coordinate with the Second Nature team to execute resulting programmatic activity
- Maintain existing corporate partnerships and cultivate new corporate partnerships in alignment with Second Nature’s corporate partnership principles.
- Oversee Second Nature’s climate advocacy opportunities through policy partners
- Develop organizational messages and themes to enhance national and international partnerships and recognition for the Network
- Represent Second Nature at conferences and deliver presentations, workshops, and online events
- Participate in strategic planning with Second Nature’s executive team regarding the direction of Second Nature’s work
About Second Nature
Second Nature’s mission is to accelerate climate action in, and through, higher education. For more information about the organization, please see www.secondnature.org. Second Nature, a Boston-based non-profit, leads the nationally recognized Climate Leadership Network, a group of nearly 600 institutions where presidents and chancellors of the colleges and universities commit their institutions to carbon neutrality and climate resilience. Second Nature has also led higher education’s involvement in We Are Still In and America’s Pledge – cross-sector initiatives launched to accelerate US climate action.
- Graduate degree in nonprofit management, business administration, strategic communications, public relations, climate change, environmental studies, sustainability or related environmental field is required.
- Minimum 5-7 years of experience working with a diversity of climate-related stakeholders, including higher education institutions
- Demonstrated ability to independently drive partnerships through building creative and innovative initiatives
- Experience in nonprofit fundraising preferably at the national level with success in soliciting corporate donors and building corporate relationships
- Experience with climate advocacy and policy programs
- Passion, understanding, and commitment to the organizational mission of accelerating climate action in, and through, higher education
- Experience translating technical information into broadly accessible resources
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability for strategic thinking and innovation
- High energy, positive, “can-do” attitude, flexibility, teamwork, and attention to detail
- High degree of independent leadership and problem-solving
This is a regular, full‐time salaried position. Compensation will commensurate with experience. A competitive benefits package is provided.
Second Nature is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on any of the following: race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or gender characteristics, national origin, religion, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.
Minority candidates are encouraged to apply for this position.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please fill out the form here. Upload a Resume, Cover Letter, relevant writing same and/or relevant work product. Direct your cover letter to: Tim Carter, President of Second Nature. No emails or phone calls, please. Deadline Friday, August 17, 2018.