Details: Negotiable based on experience
1009 General Kennedy Ave
The purpose of the United Religions Initiative (URI) is to promote enduring, daily interfaith cooperation, to end religiously motivated violence and to create cultures of peace, justice and healing for the Earth and all living beings. 947 Cooperation Circles in over 100 countries are the center and life of URI. Self-governing and self-funding, these circles bring people of all traditions together to address the most pressing issues facing their communities, building bridges of compassion and understanding between people of different religious and cultural backgrounds. Founded in 2000, URI is now the largest grassroots interfaith network in the world.
The Executive Assistant to the Executive Director supports the work of URI’s Executive Director providing administrative support, managing his daily work, coordinating his communications, and providing preparatory materials for meetings. In addition, the Executive Assistant supports the general operations of URI’s Global Support Office in the Presidio in San Francisco. Serving as the initial point of contact for callers and visitors, the Executive Assistant plays a key role in representing the organization to external partners. Working collaboratively, the Executive Assistant performs various administrative and logistical tasks and helps to ensure that the office operates efficiently and productively.
- Provide administrative support for the Executive Director including maintaining his calendar, organizing meetings, assisting with correspondence, proofreading documents and organizing file systems
- Schedule meetings and events for the Executive Director with staff, donors and other external constituents
- Coordinate communication from the Executive Director’s office, including replies to emails and phone calls and drafting of correspondence
- Attend meetings on Executive Director’s behalf as requested
- Track the Executive Director’s daily calendar, alerting him of the end/beginning of meetings
- Collect and deliver prep materials to the Executive Director for all internal and external meetings
- Manage Executive Director’s travel under the direction of the Director of Operations
- Oversee processing of expense reports and reimbursements for Executive Director
- Assist with various Zoom videoconferencing meetings, including scheduling, monitoring meetings and troubleshooting issues, and providing user support
- Take summary minutes for several monthly/quarterly committee meetings.
- Welcome guests and constituents by greeting visitors/callers and providing hospitality.
- Assist in the preparations for in-house meetings, lunches and special events.
- Excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work effectively with others in a highly collaborative environment.
- Previous administrative experience preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Technological proficiency (experience with Zoom’s platform a plus!)
- Ability to attend occasional early morning, evening and weekend events.
- Demonstrated interfaith and intercultural sensitivity and competency.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and Google mail helpful.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred but not required.
Competitive salary, commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits package. This is a full-time position based in San Francisco, CA. URI does not pay for relocation expenses.
URI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is our policy to provide equal opportunity to all employees, applicants and program beneficiaries. URI does not discriminate against any person because of race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, political affiliation or citizenship.
4 weeks of paid vacation and 12 paid holidays annually
100% coverage of medical, dental, and vision plan premiums
Generous employer matching into retirement plan after first year
Location in the Presidio National Park with an abundance of hiking trails, Crissy Field/Golden Gate Bridge, the Palace of Fine Arts, Presidio YMCA gym and swimming pool, and Chestnut Street all a short walk from the office
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send cover letter and resume to Stefan Howard via email at email@example.com or by mail to:
United Religions Initiative
Attn: Stefan Howard
P.O. Box 29242
1009 General Kennedy Avenue
San Francisco, CA 94129
No telephone calls please.
Position open until filled. Start date flexible.